Suffer the Children

Jimin watches while tapping his fingers on his knees, Kim Taehyung staring back at him. Jimin waves, Taehyung flipping him off. "Nice to know you two are still friendly," Y/n says, him chuckling at her words. "So, care to explain how the hell he's going to help us break out of here?"

"I know he doesn't look like much, but he's an excellent fighter. That and he has connections to people living outside these walls. He knows someone who uses speakers to keep the infected all in one place, using softball fields to keep them trapped. We could learn a lot from that one."

"That's great, but that doesn't help us if we're stuck in here."

"Maybe not, but recruiting him to our cause could work. Look at him - he's trapped in a cage. He wanted to join the Ranglers, and this was a while ago. You'd think he would have earned their trust by now. Why do you think he hasn't?"

Y/n's eyes slowly widen. "Because he lost faith in them..."

"Exactly. There's two possibilities: he did something to earn a lockup, or he lost faith and they started questioning his loyalty. Either way, he did something against them, meaning he wants out as desperately as us. If we play our cards right, he can come and help us and lead us to his connections. Those connections can help us rebuild the school, if there's anything left, of course."

"So what do you suggest we do? Break him out? Do a heist like those action movies?"

He kisses the top of her head, pulling her onto his lap. "You... are such a fucking nerd."

"Your nerd, right?"

"Mm... I like to think so." He goes in for the kiss, but she places her finger against his lips. "Am I not allowed to kiss my girlfriend, hm?"

"Not until we break out of here. We have a kid to find and people to save. I'm not resting until I find my people, Min. I can't."

He brushes her hair back, kissing her nose in the process. "I care about you. You know that, right?" She nods, him tucking more of her hair behind her ears. "It's okay to take a break for a second and realize something."

"What?"

Jimin goes in for the kiss again, and this time, she allows it, the pair kissing for mere moments before he pulls away. "There's nothing we can do. No plan, no matter how great, is going to get us out of this cell. We can't pick the lock, dig a hole to China, break down the gate - whatever. On top of that, even if we could get out, we'd have to get Taehyung out and find a way out without guards blasting our asses. We're trapped, babe."

"Are you saying this as an excuse to kiss me?"

"Obviously, but I also have a point."

"You do," she says, chuckling as she presses a kiss to his cheek. She drops her voice to a whisper, "But hide your boner, this is supposed to be serious."

"Fuck."

"You have a massive dick, be proud of it, but don't even pretend like you can just have a boner and not cover it. Women know these things."

"Oh I'm sure. Care to explain why you were looking at my cock?"

"Shut up." He did, snickering at her antics before kissing her again. This kiss lasts a bit longer than the first, Jimin taking the time to enjoy her lips. They part too soon, Jimin pecking her lips twice more before she stops him. "Min..."

"Honey, you know we can do this, right?"

"Jimin, we're two people, maybe three with your 'friend', and we're against a whole army who treated us like we're insignificant. This isn't a case where we're the underdog fighters. We're outnumbered, outgunned, and quite frankly outmatched. Jimin, I don't doubt you're a good fighter, but compared to them? I'm not sure I want to take that risk and lose you too. You're all I have left and... I'm still trying to process how I'm here without Jungkook. Without the light of my life, and..."