Ves

DAY 801

Jimin's silent as he searches the school, you observing him and leaning against the wall. Louis is stabilized from what you hear, but that doesn't change how Jungkook refused to do the surgery. He's always been like this ever since that one time all those years ago. You wish he'd let go of the past, but for some reason, he can't. But that isn't your priority now. The waiting is the hardest part. Obviously, assuming Fiona got out, her, Ves, and Sky are still traveling by foot. That means they're slower. Regardless, it's been almost a full day. How can that not worry you?

But there's something else on your mind. Something you didn't really think about until... now. But you're interrupted by your dog trotting down the halls of the school, you grinning and kneeling to greet the German Shepherd. "Hey bud," you say, stroking the dog's ears. "I'm glad you made it."

He gives you a smile, barking in response. Jimin's eyes ask permission, and you grant it, motioning him to come closer. He does, stroking the dog's head and giggling like a baby. It's nice to have a moment to relax. It feels as though ever since you met Jimin, life has both gotten better and harder. But also easier because whatever problems pop up, Jimin has a solution for them. At the same time, you wonder if his PTSD is ever going to catch up to him. He's been having trouble sleeping, not to mention that one night on watch when he had an episode, and you had to stop him from screaming. Unfortunately, the worst part about that is you can't do anything to help.

"Hey, can you keep searching? I have to go talk to Katherine, talk about what happened while we were away," you say, standing.

Jimin flashes you a charming grin you'll never get tired of. "Sure honey, be safe."

You come over and peck his lips, ruffling his hair. "Only if you do the same, Min."

He keeps his smile as you trek down the stairs, pitter-pattering across the structure. Those Ranglers didn't actually do too much to your interior. The outside is a mess, but the school itself is pretty intact albeit littered with bullet holes. The walls are being plastered with fresh paint by Omar and Julia, the pair working together to make this place more presentable. When Fiona gets back with the kids, you're hoping this place will be able to rebuild. Without half of the campus though... what are you going to do? You'll have to speak with Namjoon about it. Now you'll need Jimin's 'friend' Taehyung more than ever. He has connections, Jimin said. At first it was to help with survival, but now, you could use more people in case the Ranglers come back. Dammit, this is getting more complicated by the minute.

You approach the nurse's office, slipping inside and not surprised to see Katherine already in there, treating an unconscious Louis. She's refreshing his bandages, humming while doing so. Jungkook is no where to be found, probably scouring around outside or something. You aren't sure. Regardless, you approach, Katherine peeking up upon hearing your footsteps.

"You look like how I feel," she says, you flipping her off before eyeing Louis. She sighs, brushing her hands off on her shirt. "He's stable. When Fiona gets back, I'm sure she'll love to hear that. Or maybe she'll beat him to a pulp for getting hurt, never know with Fi."

"Not really," you reply, leaning against the wall.

Katherine halts her movements, noticing your hesitation and straightening her posture. "You weren't hurt in the attack, were you?"

"No... but I do need something." She raises both her brows. "Don't laugh."

"As a nurse, I'm offended you'd think I'd laugh at your suffering."

You let your head hit the barrier behind you. "I need medicine for a UTI," you mumble.

And just like that, Katherine stifles her laugh, throwing a hand over her mouth and going over to the medicine cabinet. You resist the urge to flip her off again as she rifles through it, snatching a couple things from the cabinet before handing them to you. "You know how to use them?"