The Funeral

A/N: I just wanted to say thank you for the overwhelming support on this story. On ao3 and Wattpad especially. I've been getting so many amazing comments, and it seems as though this story has a very strong following, which means a lot since this is actually the second story I ever drafted. It's my second oldest draft. Literally. It's 4 years old. For comparison, my first BTS ff, Flawed (on Quotev - for my Wattpadians, Quotev is my main website), was drafted after ITDOW. So yes, ITDOW is older than my first official story. Thank you for supporting this story, everyone! And if you haven't already, add it to your library / leave kudos / vote depending on what site you're reading this on. Again - thank you!

~~~

Day 815

It's been over a week since Jimin got shot, and you're not sure how to feel about it still. Not only that, but also the Howler situation. Fiona's death hasn't become reality for you. Here you are, standing in front of her grave while Jungkook recites a poem she once liked, yet she feels like she's here.

Louis is off to the side by himself, his head lowered to avoid the ceremony. Out of respect, no one glances in his direction. Jimin's next to you and doing his best to comfort you. You're not sure you need comfort though. Not because you don't feel the ache of sorrow swimming in your chest, no that's not it. It's because you want to avoid thinking about it for as long as possible. But you know it's only a matter of time before the reality of losing Fiona sinks in, and you'll go to her room to ask to play cards only to be met with silence.

Jungkook finishes reciting the poem, dipping his head and departing the grave. Your best friend stops by your side, you sandwiched between your two favorite men. And yet something still doesn't feel right. It should, shouldn't it? You have Jungkook holding your hand and Jimin staring at you like you're the only thing that matters. Of course, everyone knows what's wrong. All that's left is accepting it.

The ones closest to Fiona take turns speaking if they choose to. Louis chooses to, much to everyone's surprise, and he steps up and in front of the mound of dirt meant to symbolize his wife. It's not like you have her body. Even if you went back, the odds are the Howlers... Actually, you don't want to think about that.

"Fiona was the bravest woman I knew," Louis says, his hands in fists and shaking by his sides. "She was the one who put me in my place when I needed to be, and I think she did that for everyone too. Her courage and leadership is what brought us together in our dark times. And shit, she was great at shuffling cards." He pauses to chuckle, sniffling like everyone else. "As much as I've cried, and I know I still have many more tears to shed, I'd like to take today to celebrate her life rather than mourn it. It's what she'd want. She'd want us to laugh at the dumb jokes she made, or at her stupid skills like knowing how to do shadow puppets. That's what she'd want. So I ask all of you for one day with happy tears, not sad ones. Lord knows I could use a break from the sad ones." He dips his head when everyone agrees. "Thank you."

As he walks away, you clap, and the others are quick to join in. Jimin grunts from the weight he has on his legs, and you make him lean against you even while applauding. You can't imagine how much pain he's in. Getting shot, let alone getting his hip fractured in the process? That must be one of the most painful experiences he's ever been through. Wait, actually. This is Jimin you're talking about. Jimin.

Ten minutes later, the campus is split into groups. Namjoon is speaking with Jin (of course) and Hoseok. Taehyung and Yoongi are hanging out together with Julia stalking them. Or more specifically: Yoongi. Despite that, Jimin limps away with you helping him to the nearest bench. You sit, him sitting by you and holding a hand over his bandages.

"How's it feeling?" you ask, Jungkook casting him a worried glance, but he decides to leave you be instead. He disappears to speak with Tae and Yoongi, you coming closer to Jimin as a result.