Leather Jacket

Day 850

Jimin's still in a lot of pain. Despite the time he's had to recover, a gunshot is something that's more like a permanent injury. So imagine his horror when he hears a loud 'bang' followed by screams and gunshots. Jimin's wandering the back of the camp as Jihyun requested him to do. He's been put on basic patrol duty with an actual loaded weapon. Ves is with him since they're both at the same level of trustworthiness.

He was patrolling the back walls and whistling as he did so. Now, his plans drastically changed. He grabs Ves and pulls him behind him, springing his pistol forward and checking to make sure it's loaded. After confirming, Jimin creeps forward and holds Ves right behind him. One hand on Ves, the other on his pistol, he continues his trek. Jihyun is no where in sight, Jimin's heart hopping to his throat at the thought that Jihyun could be hurt.

The thoughts force themselves away, Jimin searching the yard. All he sees is the peaceful life this place is supposed to be. The dirt beneath his shoes, the dust swirling from the gentle breeze, the homes made out of spare shipping containers that didn't go into the walls, some of the homes made from wood and bricks, boxes made of metal fence for prisoners. Jimin and Y/n once resided inside one of them.

Jimin frowns at the thought of her. It's been weeks now. Weeks since he's last seen her. Almost 3 weeks, and he has no way of knowing if she's safe or not. He shakes it off and continues, bringing Ves with him the entire way. The two of them stay eerily quiet, traversing the land as screams echo all around them. He swallows whatever's left inside his mouth, clicking off the safety to his weapon and pressing his back against the nearest home.

This one is made of bricks and one story high, Jimin and Ves hiding there while another screech rips through the air. Jimin trembles and bites his lower lip, counting to 3 before peeking. He hops out from the corner, luckily feeling no pain at the action. His jaw drops, his eyes expanding. The first thing he sees is fire. After Jimin told them about the Howlers trick, they gathered what little flame fuel they had and got the only flamethrower available. One flamethrower versus possibly multiple Howlers. Great plan.

Regardless, the flamethrower is out and blasting at the zombies covering the front gate. The destroyed front gates. Jimin covers his open mouth with his free hand and resists the urge to drop his pistol. Ves stays behind him, holding Jimin's arm as a way of reminding him that he's there. Jimin gulps and holsters his pistol, eyeing all the zombies and guards going to stop them. As much as it kills him to think something like this considering his brother is the leader, Jimin's only thought is of escape.

"Any chance this is Y/n's genius plan?" he asks.

"High chance. But I imagine the Ranglers have a lot of enemies too. Might be someone else."

"Either way, what do you think about escaping tonight, kid?"

Ves's smile says it all, and Jimin brings him around the vicinity, staying in a crouched position and moving as fast as possible against the walls. Their best method of escape is through the front, but there's zombies there. So they'll have to get creative. Jimin glances at Ves to see he's wearing a baggy long-sleeved shirt, dark pants to contrast the white he has up top. Jimin has a tawny jacket thrown on over a ragged t-shirt with nerdy patterns on it, gray sweatpants on bottom. Well, he's not as fashionable as he used to be, but it's not like it matters. Their clothes are about to get a bit... dirty.

"Alright, here's the plan," Jimin says as he guides them around the massive Ranglers camp. The soldiers are all focusing on the zombie threat, so no one's on their scheduled patrol posts. That means they can slip by the back walls easy. "It's a tough one, but it's a plan nonetheless. We're gonna get near the front gates and bait a zombie toward us. After that, we kill it out of sight, put guts all over us, and sneak out."