Scissors

DAY 795

Jimin's finally healed from the Behemoth attack, all ready to go on another scavenger hunt. However, that's not for another three days. He missed the most recent one because he was still in no running condition. Terrified was an understatement. Seeing Y/n go on a mission without him broke his heart. Being away from her for even a few seconds is frightening to him. It makes him tremble at the very thought. But right now that fear is gone: she's right here with him, in his room and on his bed.

"Gosh, your hair grew fast," she says, snipping at his hair. "It's only been like two weeks since I last cut this."

"Don't touch the braid," he replies, pointing his finger at her. She snickers and keeps working, going around the braid as best she can. "Keep it long, I like it that way."

"You should. I might start hiding the scissors because of how good you look in long hair."

"Oh look at that, I think that's the second time you've complimented me, Miss L/n," he says, coming a bit closer. Perhaps too close.

"I know you're trying to be a tease, but if you move while I'm cutting your hair, I might stab you on accident."

"But is it really on accident?" he asks in an amused tone. She doesn't answer. "I-It's on accident, right?" No answer. "Right?!"

She laughs at his cuteness, snipping and snipping and snipping until... "Ouch!" She recoils, dropping the scissors on his lap.

"Woah woah, Y/n, what happened?" he asks, peeking over her shoulder to see what she did.

She pouts, holding up her injured finger. "Blood."

"You cut yourself?" She waves the finger to confirm. He picks it up and glances at it, sighing. "I think we need to amputate it."

"Oh please no, this is my one of my two favorite fingers."

Jimin drops her hand. "Okay, ew. I don't feel like helping you anymore."

"Pleaaaase," she says, keeping her pout from before. At her cute eyes, he gives in. Ugh. This woman will be the death of him. Hopefully not literally.

He hops off his bed, going over to the closet in his room. Every room has a small medkit, so he takes his and walks over to Y/n with it. When he sits again, he places the medkit on his left thigh. "Put your injured hand on my knee." She does. He smiles at the sight, holding her hand up so he can see. It's not a deep cut at all; it looks more like a papercut than anything else. "Hmm, I think you'll live," he says.

"Dammit," she grumbles. He chuckles, taking a cotton ball and some rubbing alcohol, dabbing the spot she cut with the ball. "Looks like even though I've been training for a while, I can't always cut right."

"Don't feel too bad, I'm a dancer but I have horrible balance. Me and chairs is a bad combo."

"Okay, that makes me feel better."

"Laughing at my expense? Low blow L/n, low blow." She laughs, leaning a bit closer to him. His heart jumps at the proximity. After he's done cleaning it, he wraps a band-aid around it, sealing it. "There."

She peeps at the bandage and hums. "Easy enough."

"Hang on, I'm not done with the healing process yet," he replies, holding his hand up to stop her. She gives him a confused expression. Alright, well, here goes nothing.

Feeling a stroke of boldness, Jimin takes her hand and raises it to his lips. He kisses the bandaged finger, looking her in the eyes the whole time. She goes stiff. Ha, looks like he still has a deep effect on women. When he places her hand back down, he shoots her a smirk.