Normal?

Elena POV

Ian had somehow managed to get out of his crib and over to the bed. He was trying to find me in the darkness as he cried.

I turned the lamp on and sat up. "What's wrong, baby?" I asked, feeling his forehead. "Are you sick? Should we go get some air?"

I slipped on my flip flops and picked up Ian who was wearing nothing but a diaper. No one would be seeing him at 4am anyway. I looked back and Damon was totally knocked out with his mouth hanging open, drool running from the corner of his mouth and his arm flopped over the edge.

I stepped into the hallway and nearly dropped Ian as someone called my name.

"Elena, what are you doing up?" Caroline asked, walking up with Clara asleep in her arms.

"Ian doesn't feel good so we're just taking a walk at 4am."

***
"Damon, we can't take him to the beach. He's puking and has a fever." I said as I laid Ian down on the bed. "I'll stay with him and you go."

"No, Elena, I'll stay with him, you were up with him all night. You need a break. " Damon said as he took my hands and pulled me closer to him.

"Couldn't we both stay? It's just one time, we'll go the next time when he feels better." I said. "I don't want to leave him anyway. Not with him sick."

"Ok, I'll go tell Stefan, Caroline put him in charge of 'communications' as she put it." Damon said. The door opened as Stefan walked in with Alex in her pink swimsuit and beach hat.

"You guys ready?" He asked, holding up the sunscreen, "I'm all prepared."

"We can't, Ian's sick." Damon said.

"Guys are we going or what?" Caroline asked as she popped into the room.

Ian answered with a cry as he spit up.

"Is he still sick?" Caroline asked, all three of us nodded, "Poor thing, so I guess that means that you're both staying?"

I looked over at Damon, "You should go." I said.

"Are you sure? You're exhausted." He said back as I picked up Ian and started cleaning him up.

"Even more of a reason for me to stay here."

He sighed, "All right, I'll go but call me if you need me to come back."

"I will. Now would you hurry up and change before Caroline gets impatient?"

***

It was a very uneventful day for Me, my spent mostly staying in bed with Ian and watching movies.

The gang returned around 3 that afternoon. Damon came into the room, his towel hanging around his neck and his hair spiking up all over and dripping with salt water.

"Hey, babe." He said as he leaned down and kissed me, his lips tasting of salt, "Is the little man feeling any better?"

I carefully adjusted my position, trying not to wake the small child curled up next to me and felt his forehead. He felt a lot better then a few hours ago, that was for sure.

"I think his fever is finally breaking, he hasn't thrown up for a while either."

"I'm going to shower real quick and then we can watch a movie or something before meeting up with the others for dinner. Id Ian's still not feeling well, I can stay with him, you need some adult time." He said before kissing me once more and then disappearing in the bathroom.

By dinner time Ian was bouncing off of the walls and back to his usual self. He was practically uncontrollable, but we were all just glad that he was feeling better.

We ended up at some fancy Mexican restaurant, I was surprised that we didn't get kicked out because of Ian running around like a maniac screaming about ice cream and beer.

To say it was eventful would be an understatement.

I know it's super short, but I haven't updated in forever, so I though I'd give you a little something. Leave me comments about anything down below, I love hearing from you guys :)