Saved? If That's What You Want To Call It

Damon POV 

I walked into the basement of Elena's dad's clinic and snapped Wes' neck and then let him fall to the ground. I quickly untied Elena's hands and picked her up.  All I could think of was how much this was my fault. If I wasn't here Wes wouldn't have gotten to her so easily and tortured her. I was the reason she was such an easy target. I even kiled her friend. 

Tyler stepped into the room. I hadn't realized I had the Augustine virus until the smell of Tyler's blood made want to rip into his neck. 

Before I could stop myself, my teeth sank into his neck as he begged for me to stop, but I couldn't. Then something stabbed into my chest. 

"Elena's going to hate me for this." He said as the stake punctured my heart making me release him and fall to the ground.  

"Tyler, what did you do?!" Elena screamed behind Tyler as she ran up and dropped down on the floor next to me as my skin turned grey. 

Elena POV

I watched as Damon's eyes closed and he went limp. I turned to Tyler, "What did he do to you?" 

"He was going to rip my head off. What was I suppose to do, let him kill me?"  Tyler asked. 

"You didn't need to kill him!" 

"He had the Augustine virus, Elena. He wasn't going to stop." He said, "If I could've done anything, I would have." 

"What is going on?" Rachel asked, walking down the steps with a sleepy looking Carson.  "Oh." 

Caroline POV

It had been 2 days and Elena hadn't said more than 2 words.  I had to keep an eye on her to make sure she didn't kill Tyler or anyone else. The crying had stopped but now she just looked empty and tired. 

 Rachel and I sat silently on the couch.

"We need to do something." She said, breaking the silence.

"What are we supposed to do?" 

"Have someone compell her?" 

"To forget her boyfriend and baby daddy?" 

"No to just make her, herself again." 

***

 "Stefan, where's Elena?" 

"She's with Jeremy, why?" 

"Just making sure she's not trying to kill Tyler that's all." 

Stefan raised his eyebrow, "Are you sure that's all?" 

"Yes, why would there be anything else?"

"Because your voice is higher and squealy which normally means you're not telling me something."

"I'm not hiding anything! I just need to go talk to Rachel." I said as I left and walked up the stairs.  

"What did Klaus say?" I asked, she put Carson down in his crib and turned around.  "He said he would do it when he was back from Paris in 2 months." 

"2 months? We can't wait two months, she'll have a baby by then." 

"I know but he's stubborn and he said he has work to do over there." She said, "Did Bonnie say if she could bring Damon back?" 

"She said she was working on it and to be patient because she needs the witches to help her so she doesn't die."

 I know, horrible chapter but I needed to update and this is what I had. 

And for those of you reading 'Baby Steps' I need to know what you want to see happen. Right now nothing is happening and I need ideas. :)