Ian Grayson Salvatore

2 Months Later...

Stefan POV

Elena had brought Ian home three days ago and Damon still wasn't back. Klaus had just arrived from Europe and was helping Bonnie with the ritual to bring Damon back.

Caroline walked past me with a bottle of warmed up blood, she flashed up the stairs when Ian started crying. I stopped Rachel before she could follow Caroline up the stairs.

"When will the ritual be done?"

"Klaus said a day or two. He also said there's a chance it won't work." She said as she quickly flashed upstairs to tend to Carson. i walked up the stairs and passed the nursery just as Elena burst into tears and burried her face in her hands. Caroline set the bottle on the dresser and walked over to Elena.

Caroline POV

After Ian was done eating Elena laid him down in the crib balancing the bottle in her hand. I took the bottle from her so she could lay Ian down easier. After she laid him down, she bursted into tears and burried her face in her hands. I set the bottle on the dresser and walked over to her. I pulled her into a hug. After a minute I pulled away. She dried her face with her shirt sleeve. "I'm sorry, it's just-"

"Elena, I know. You're tired and you miss him, you don't have to explain anything to me." I said, "Why don't you go to bed and I'll watch him for little bit." Elena nodded slowly and retreated to her and Damon's room.

Ian hadn't been burped, so I picked him up and burped him. He was nowhere near tired so I took him downstairs and set him in the bouncer, he cried as soon as I put him down. So I picked him up and went back upstairs to see what progress Klaus and Bonnie were making.

"We're almost done." Bonnie said. "It should only be another 5 minutes."

"What will happen when you're done?" I asked as Stefan walked up next to me followed by Rachel.

"I'll see him first then eventually everyone else will see him but it could be days or weeks, even years before everyone can see him."

***

2 Months Later...

Stefan and Katherine had finally brought Alexandra home. But Damon still hadn't showed up. Elena was finally starting to feel better and was getting used to him not being around. At least she made us believe she was better, but I knew her better than anyone. I knew that every night she cried herself to sleep when Damon didn't come back that day. She faked a smile and tried to laugh at all the idiotic things we all did, but we could all see the tears hiding in her eyes waiting until she was alone to spill.

Elena sat on the couch with Ian laying on her chest sucking his thumb. Elena's hand was on his back and tears were sliding down her face as she slept. Katherine laid, asleep on the other couch with Alexandra asleep on her chest.

Rachel sat down next to me, "That is adorable."

How many chapters do you guys want this story to be?