Vacation

Elena POV

Caroline and I both stood with a sleeping kid while Damon and Jesse loaded the suitcases into the cars. Klaus and Rachel were getting there two kids buckled into the backseat of their car, nagging at each other the whole time. This would be the longest 13 hours of my life. I tried to convince Damon that a roadtrip with little kids wouldn't be a good idea, but he insisted on it. Saying it would be good bonding time. I just rolled my eyes and started packing my stuff.

So, now here we are at 5:30 in the morning, packing up the car and trying not to wake the babies sleeping peacefully in out arms. Ian then jolted awake when Damon dropped his phone on the ground and cursed loudly. He bent down and picked up his phone cursing again at the crack across the top. Jesse was standing next to him laughing hysterically, "Dude, you're dead. You woke up your child."

Damon turned back to me as I wrapped the elmo blanket around Ian tighter as it began to lightly snow. I adjusted Ian on my hip and carried him back into the house. I grabbed him a bottle from the fridge and gave it to him. He sucked at the bottle as I took him back outside and put him in the back seat. And finally the cars were all packed up and we were ready to go.

Matt and Rebekah had moved to Florida 6 months ago when Rebekah found out she was pregnant. So, that was the whole reason we were going to Miami. Bonnie and Jeremy had left before us and had stopped in Myrtle Beach, they were planning on waiting for us in Myrtle Beach and then driving with us the rest of the way to Florida.

And two hours into the trip I wanted to kill Damon for getting us into this mess. Ian was throwing a fit in the backseat, it was snowing like crazy and I was so done with this already. I could vaguely see Caroline and Jesse behind us and Rachel and Klaus behind them. Katherine and Stefan were right next to us, barely visible. After another ten minutes the snow started to clear and we took the exit with the 'Welcome to North Carolina. The Tar Heel State'

We pulled up to the gas station, I got out and unbuckled Ian from his car seat and grabbed the diaper bag. Here it was sunny and warm, not a cloud in the sky. Damon was in a bad mood and all I told him was that we could have been there by now if he hadn't convinced everyone that a roadtrip would be fun. Katherine and Stefan were both bickering about God knows what while Alex ran up infront of them and nearly ran into the door as it opened.

"Maybe you should have ignored your brother and just bought plane tickets. We would be there by now if you would have just let him do his thing with his family." Katherine snapped, reahing out and scooping Alex up off the ground. Caroline on the other hand was enjoying herself and the time in the car with Jesse and Clara. "If Damon and Ian weren't throwing fits, it would be way more enjoyable."

"I was not throwing a fit!" Damon shouted in protest.

"Then what would you call it?!" I shouted back, rubbing Ian's back as I slung the diaper bag over my shoulder.

"I was only slightly annoyed because you kept yelling at me to drive more cautiously, even though I was!" He shouted back even more irritated. I just rolled my eyes and walked into the girls restroom with Caroline, Katherine and Rachel. "I'm going to strangle him." Katherine and I both mumbled under our breath. Ian reached up and touched my face, "St-wangle not nice."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know, but Daddy's making me crazy."

"Elena, just get in the car." Damon pleaded, watching as I crossed my arms and shook my head. "No, not until you let me drive."

"Elena, no! Just please get in the car, we don't have time for this." Damon said continuing to clutch the keys tightly in his hand. Jesse walked up followed by Caroline and grabbed Damon's arm like he was a kid."Here's an idea; you come with me and," Caroline stepped over to me, ",she'll go with her. You two could use a break from each other.

"Finally, someone understands my problem."

Damon narrowed his eyes at me, "Love you too, babe." He said sarcastically as he tossed the car keys to me.

"Don't you 'babe' me." I snapped. God, these hormones were getting in the way of everything. Now I just want to cry and kiss him. But, I'm not going to. He needs to have some guy time with Jesse... and Clara in the back seat.

"Um... Elena-" Caroline tapped my shoulder and pointed over to where Stefan and Katherine were playing with Ian and Alex. Then Stefan picked Ian up and tossed him in the air.

"Stefan! What the hell?!" I screamed causing him to turn around, "What? Damon does it all the time."

"Yeah, but he only throws him a few feet up. And, last time he got sick."

Stefan was completely oblivious at the sight of my 1 year old falling from the air. "Stefan! Catch him!" I screamed, Stefan turned around and caught Ian just inches above the hard asphalt. Ian then puked all over Stefan.

"Great, and there goes his breakfast." I sighed. Stefan stood back up and practically tossed Ian to me.

***

"God, I have to pee and we're in the middle of nowhere." I shouted, "This is going to be a long day."

"It already is." Caroline mumbled next to me. She just stared out the window and twirled a piece of her curly blonde hair around her finger. "And you just went to the bathroom five minutes ago."

"Care, are you forgetting that I'm pregnant?"

"How could I possibly forget?" Caroline asked sarcastically, resting her head on the window and messing with the ends of her hair. Ian continued to babble to himself in the back seat, Caroline's head poked up as she turned to me with a delighted look on her face as she squealed at the Myrtle Beach exit sign. After 20 minutes we finally pulled up to a McDonalds where Bonnie and Jeremy were just getting out of their car.

8 Hours Later...

Matt and Rebekah walked out of their beach house, Matt cradling their newborn daughter, Savannah. Knowing that the sixteen of us wouldn't all fit at there house, we decided to find their house and then go find our hotel, which ended up being right down the road.

Rebekah hugged me as tightly as possible with Ian being asleep in my arms, "Ugh, it's been way too long. Why did I convince Matt to move to Florida? It's soo far away."

"I'm pretty sure it was the pregnancy hormones talking, Bek." I said, she pulled away and smiled at me, "Speaking of hormones, I hear there's another Little Salvatore on the way. Damon just can't help himself can he?"

"What? I can't keep to myself?" Damon scoffed from behind me. "You had a part in this too."'

"No one wants to hear about your sex life!" Rachel shouted, from the back seat of her car while she took Carson from his seat. "Seriously, sis. I don't need to here that."

After finally arriving at out hotel, Ian was awake and wanted to go swimming along with Carson and Alex. We all changed then made our way downstairs to the outdoor pool. Damon nearly gave me a heart attack as he tosed Ian in the air into the pool, diving after him. Barely catching him before he hit the water. Ian looked shocked at first, then bursted into a fit off giggles as Damon lightly tossed him in the air.