Arrivals

6 months later on November 22, 2013, Clara Michelle Holland was born to Caroline and Jesse. Caroline held the small 6 lbs baby as Elena and Damon walked in with Ian wildly bouncing into the room behind them. His blue eyes bright as his small hands gripped onto the bed. He stood on his tippytoes trying to get a better look at the small pink bundle in Caroline's arms. 

Bonnie and Jeremy were in the other room, awaiting the arrival of their little girl, Lilly Rose. They had arrived the same time the night before as Caroline and Jesse. The doctor came in and saw that the baby's heart rate was dropping and decided that a c-section would be the best for both mom and baby. 

After 30 minutes, Jeremy walked out of the OR to tell the rest of the gang. Lilly Rose weighed 4 lbs 6 oz and was perfectly healthy. Elena stood up with Ian holding her hand and walked down the hall to tell Caroline the good news. Elena strolled into the room, Caroline and Jesse both looked at her expectantly. 

"So, is she ok?" Caroline asked, rubbing Clara's tiny fingers between hers. 

"Baby's fine, Bonnie's fine." Elena said, she rubbed her head lightly. Trying to ignore the massive headache she'd had since she woke up this morning. "Jeremy's fine." 

"Are you fine?" Caroline asked, clearly noticing the pain in Elena's eyes. 

"Other than the fact that I feel like someone smashed my head with a hammer, I'm great." Elena replied sarcastically continuing to rub her aching head. Caroline looked at Jesse worriedly then back to Elena, "Are you sure you're ok?" 

Before Elena could reply, a sudden dizzy spell hit her. Her knees soon became weak and just before she hit the ground, Jesse flashed over and caught her limp body in his arms. He looked over at Caroline, "What do I do with her?" 

Caroline opened her mouth, but was cut off by Damon's voice, "What the hell did you do to my fiance?" He walked over to Ian, who was very frightened by the sight of his mother passed out on the floor. Damon picked up his son and wiped away the tears running down his cheeks, "It's ok, baby. Momma will be fine. I hope." He mumbled the last part. Damon quickly kissed the small boy's cheek and set him down on the floor causing him to whimper. 

"All right. You guys watch him while I go figure out what's wrong with Elena." Damon said, turning around and scooping Elena into his arms bridal style. He could here Ian crying and mumbling mommy through the tears. Damon soon found Meredith at the nurses station. 

She sighed and said, "Follow me." She grabbed her clipboard and led them down the hall to a room with an ultrasound machine. 

Jesse picked up Ian and tried comforting him, hoping Damon wouldn't be gone long with Elena. Caroline spoke from behind him, "Maybe you should give him something to eat." 

Jesse just shrugged and grabbed his wallet from the couch, Ian's crying became worse as Jesse carried him down the hall to the vending machine. He bought cheetoh puffs and the on the go applesauce. 

An hour later Ian was still crying and had eaten half the bag of cheetohs and was now covered in orange. Jesse picked him up again, "I suck at this." 

"Babe, don't worry about it. He just saw his mom literally collapse an hour ago. Plus he's not even you're kid, so don't worry too much." Caroline said, reassuringly from the bed where she held the sleeping newborn.

Jesse sighed relieved, when Damon walked in with Elena in his arms. "Soo, is she pregnant?" Jesse asked, handin him the crying one year old.