Baby Fun

Damon POV 

Ian continues to chew on my fingers as Caroline and Jesse look at me awaiting my answer, that ends up being very me like, "Well, what do you think?" 

Caroline gives me a goofy smile and squeals like a small child on Christmas, "Oh my God! I can't believe it!" 

I raised my eyebrow at her, "Really? You're surprised by this?" 

Caroline just rolls her eyes and lightly rocks Clara in her arms, gently rubbing her hand over the light layer of brown hair covering her head then placing a kiss on the sleeping baby's head. Jesse took Caroline's hand and sat down on the edge of the bed, "So, are we gonna have any more babies?" 

"Oh, we are going to have so many babies." Caroline replied with a smile. Jesse kissed her hand then replied, "You know you can't resist me." With those words Caroline's face turned many different shades of red as she shook her head at him. She leaned her head back against the pillow, covering her red face with her left hand. 

"Before your cheeks get any hotter, I'm gonna take Elena home." I said, setting Ian on his feet and fixing his tiger shirt. I carefully scooped Elena into my arms and called over my shoulder for Ian to come with me. He just stood by Jesse's leg and smiled at me, drool coming down the right side of his mouth. 

I turned to Jesse, "So, do you want to babysit?" 

"Not real-" Jesse was cut off by Alexandra running into the room squealing and giggling while Stefan chased after her. Her small ponytail on her head bounced wildly as she nearly smashed into Ian. "I am so sorry about her." Stefan commented, picking his squealing daughter up and throwing her over his shoulder. "We'll be going now. We didn't disturb anyone did we?" Stefan asked as Ian held his arms up to him. He picked him and threw him over his other shoulder, "I'm just glad she ran in here and not some stranger's room." 

"Katherine would have murdered me."  He added. Caroline laughed quietly, watching me stand there with Elena still unconcsious in my arms, not knowing what to do. 

***

Caroline POV

 "Elena, the baby will be fine this time. Just have a little faith." I said, watching as Elena sighed and leaned back on the couch. Folding her hands over her stomach. "I'll have a little faith when the baby is past 12 weeks." 

I understood why this was hard on her, I mean I saw her the last time when she lost the baby. She was devastated and me being pregnant didn't make her feel better. She told me she was fine when I told her I was pregnant two weeks later, but I knew she was trying to not make me feel bad. The way she was crying when I got to the house. It broke my heart.

The sound of little feet running through the halls pulled us from our thoughts, watching as Ian ran into the room squealing and giggling in nothing but his diaper. Damon soon followed behind him reaching his arms out towards the squealing 18 month old. 

"Damon! Where are his clothes? It's freezing." Elena scolded Damon, earning her a glare from him as he scooped up Ian and turned on his heel. "He just escaped while I was trying to change him out of his pajamas and then he just vanished." 

 Elena didn't look convinced as she mumbled an 'uh-huh' and 'sure' under her breath. Crossing her arms across her chest, not looking at him. He just shook his head and carried Ian back up the stairs barely missing the one year old girl running across the floor, soon followed by Stefan with a pink dress in his hand, mumbling about how he didn't know how to put a dress on a little girl, "Do either of you know how to do this?" 

Elena raised her eyebrow at him, "I have a boy, I have no clue how to dress a girl. And the last time you had me dress her, she ended up on her head." 

Rachel soon walked into the living room with Carson asleep in one arm and the new baby, Jamie asleep in her other arm and added, "You're just lucky Katherine wasn't there."

Stefan looked at me, "Caroline, please." He pouted, I waved my hand at him, signalling for him to bring her here. He quickly scooped Alex off her feet and placed her on my lap with the pink dress.  I don't what Stefan's problem was because Alex sat still and the dress slipped right on with out any issues. I placed her down on her feet, letting her run off towards the stairs. Slowing to a crawl as she tried to climb the stairs. Jesse made his way around her with Clara sleeping in his arms, "Your child puked all over your fiance." 

Damon's urgent voice then shouted for Elena. Elena sunk deeper into the couch covering her ears, trying to avoid the sound of her kid crying and Damon panicking. Jesse and I sat on the other couch with Clara waiting with Elena for her fiance to shut up and just put Ian in the bath. But, he's Damon Salvatore so he'll probably just stand with Ian screaming until someone goes up and helps him. Rachel sat down on the couch next to Elena with the two boys, "Klaus will help him." 

Elena leaned her head on the back of the couch and placed her hands over her eyes, mumbling, "I need a vacation." 

"You've been on vacation for the last two weeks, you have college to go to." I commented, watching as she exhaled deeply and turned onto her side, "I'm so hungry." She mumbled. 

Rachel, with great diificulty set Jamie down in the bouncer and adjust Carson so his head was resting comfortabally on her shoulder, "Let me guess; you want pickles." 

Elena smiled, "Yep and Damon just bought like 4 jars." 

"I think it's funny how you hate pickles, but when your pregnant it's all you eat." I said, twirling my curly blonde hair around my finger. 

"The baby wants it not me and last time Damon had to cut me off and force me to eat something else." Elena said, still laying in the same position, but with Carson's head resting on her stomach, while Rachel got her pickles from the kitchen.