Lights Will Guide You Home

10 Months Later... 

Play video while reading this chapter...

Elena POV 

Ian's first birthday was in less then 5 days and Caroline was wasting no time planning his party and making out with her boyfriend, Jesse.  

Ian was crawling on the floor babbling while I sat in the window seat. Caroline was alseep in her bed and so was Bonnie. Rachel was sitting on her bed texting. I just watched as the rain poured outside. Something felt different about this night compared to all the other nights. Something was different but I couldn't put my finger on it. Whatever it was. 

I woke up the next morning with my neck cramped up, Ian was in the playpen fast asleep, I got up from the window seat and stumbled to my bed and fell back asleep. 

An hour later I felt a hand brushing on my cheek and opened my eyes to see who it was. No one was there, Rachel, Bonnie and Caroline were all asleep but now the window was open, which meant someone had been here. But who?

Caroline turned towards me, "Who left the window open?" She mumbled, I just shrugged. She turned back over and fell asleep.

***

"Someone was touching my face this morning and I know it wasn't any of you, you all were asleep." 

"That's creepy." Rachel said.

"Yeah, someone's hand on your face is just a little creepy." 

The rest of the day it stormed. We were sitting in our dorm when I realized I left Ian's stuff in the car. As I walked out of the building, I felt someone near by. I looked around as someone called my name.

Damon.

"Elena." 

"Damon." I called as I looked everywhere. Over by my car a man stood with his arms crossed and leaning on the car.  As I got closer I could feel my eyes welling up as his smirk became more clear. I ran through the rain. It seemed as if time was slower as I continued running to him and finally wrapping my arms around his neck as his went around my waist and he lifted me up.  

He set me back down and cupped my face in his hands, he gazed down at me and slammed his lips onto mine. Then next thing I knew we were in a deserted room and our clothes were coming off... 

I quickly threw on my jacket over my ripped shirt and grabbed my shoes. Damon waisted no time grabbing me from behind and throwing me back down on the bed and kissing me. 

"I would love to do this now but I forgot to grab Ian's stuff from the car and now Rachel and Caroline are probably going to freak out me for leaving our son."

"You go to your dorm and I'll grab his stuff from the car." Damon said and before I could answer he had flashed out the door. I walked out of the room and down the hall and up the stairs to my dorm room. 

Caroline was the first to look me up and down. "Where have you been for the past 3 hours?" 

Rachel stepped up behind her with her arms crossed, "Yeah, where have you been?"

Bonnie walked over with Ian crawling behind her. "Cover Ian's eyes." I said. Bonnie bent down and place her hands over his eyes. I unzipped my jacket revealing my shirt that was ripped all down the middle. It fell to the side revealing my black lacy bra. 

"That was my shirt." Caroline made a pouty face. 

"Well, I guess it's no one's now." 

"Who did you sleep with?" Rachel asked as the door opened and Damon walked in with Ian's diaper bag. I zipped up my jacket and jus stood there. Bonnie uncovered Ian's eyes and his eyes lit up when he saw Damon. 

He smiled and stood up on his wobbly feet and waddled over to Damon. Caroline, Bonnie and Rachel all had there phones out and were filming his first steps. I was too shocked to do anything. Damon crouched down and held his arms out for Ian as he walked over and fell in Damon's arms. Ian giggled as Damon stood up with him. 

Ian looked up at Damon and said, "Dada." Then continued chewing on his fingers and rested his head on Damon's shoulder.