May 22nd, 2013

Elena POV

I stood with my hand in Damon's as Ian smashed blue cake all over his face and rubbed it around in his hair. Caroline, Bonnie, and Rachel with Carson stood on the other side of the table. Katherine and Stefan with 10 month old Alexandra, stood next to us. After the cake and presents was over, we took Ian upstairs and gave him a bath. By the time we were about to put Ian down for a nap we were both covered in water and cake icing. 

Carson ran by wrapped in an Elmo towel with Caroline and Jesse chasing behind him, both dripping water everywhere. Ian thought it would be fun to join him so he leaped out of my grip and took off in the same direction.

As we ran down the hall, Carson decided to make a U turn and collide head to toe with Ian. Caroline, Jessie, Damon and I stood frozen with our mouths hanging open as both kids fell back and started crying hysterically. Me and Caroline quickly ran over and picked up the crying boys.

Eventually Ian fell asleep with his thumb in his mouth and drool running out of his mouth onto my shoulder. I put him in a clean diaper and put a Shrek shirt and green shorts on him. I set him down in his crib and covered him with the blanket he'd had since he as born.

Damon and I laid down in our bed, his arms around my waist as we fell asleep. For the first time in a long time I woke up happy and refreshed with Damon cuddled up next to me with his lip stuck out in a pouty kid way. A lout cry coming from the room next to us, made me groan and get up out of the warmth of the bed. 

Ian was standing up against the bars of the crib with puffy eyes and a runny nose. He reached out for me as I approached and picked him of. I grabbed his pacifier from the dresser and put it in his mouth. I carried him downstairs and grabbed an already prepared bottle of blood from the fridge. Caroline was feeding Carson, cheerios while Jesse and Stefan talked in the living room. 

I laughed as Carson started throwing cheerios everywhere. After Ian finished his bottle, I got him some cheerios and the two of them thought it was a good idea to have a baby food fight. Caroline was freaking out while I just sat there laughing. Boys will be boys.

"Do they do this all the time?" Caroline asked, totally not amused. 

"There boys, Caroline." I said, if she ever has kids, they won't make it past the first year. Especially if there anything like Jesse.

"I am never having kids. That's for sure." She said. We both waited for the flying cheerios to stop then searched the kitchen and pickd up all the cheerios.You'd be amazed how far a one and two year old can throw.  

Stefan leaned over to Jesse, "Here's a tip; don't get her pregnant under any circumstances." 

"Oh, I won't." Jesse quickly said back. 

It's not that Caroline would be a bad mom or anything but with her mood, there's no saying Jesse would make it through the pregnancy. Because Caroline would probably murder him if her didn't make the bed just how she liked it or he might leave his towel on the floor. I don't even want to think about all the things that could go wrong. 

Katherine was the next to join the party with Alexandra screaming in her ams. She quickly shuffled into the kitchen and began scrambling through the fridge until she finally found Alex's sippy cup and handed it to her. Alex tossed the sippy cup across the table hitting Ian dead in the forehead. 

All three of us girls stood there with our mouths open as Ian bursted into a fit of tears. I flashed over to him and lifted him out of the high chair. He continued to cry into my shoulder as Katherine held a screaming Alex, completely frustrated. Stefan graciously walked over and took her from Katherine. Alex just kept crying but the volume had decreased slightly.