Late Night Talks

Plan! Plan! I needed a plan to escape, but did I had one? Nope! Thor, whom I expected to be in Asgard fighting Hela, his goth sister, was stuck with us in Sakaar.

Stressed, that was what I was feeling. Laying next to my fake husband, I was thinking about a plan, to leave the crazy planet.

"So, your world, what it's like?" I asked Loki.

"Asgard? Nice place for a holiday. If you like drama, before the-you know-the New York thing. When Thor wasn't there, we used to have a lot of fun, people liked fake Odin more than the real one." he casually said.

"Oh! From what I have studied, it is a really beautiful place." I sighed and turn to my side to face him, I saw him reading a book, not just a book but The Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban! "Where did you get that?" I asked him in shock.

"There is a Library here, I found it there." he replied.

"When did you went there? You were with me the whole time!" I straighten myself.

"You will never know." he grinned.

I lightly chuckled "You are reading it for the first time?"

"I am, I have read the first two books. The moment I saw this I picked it up."

"You stole it! I don't think there is a Librarian here, you must've stolen it."

"Mischievous possession, I borrowed it without permission."

"Oh you of course did that!"

"So, this kid you were talking about, he is your student. You are a teacher?"

"Yes, I teach Literature at Midtown Highschool. Peter is my favourite student, he is intelligent and kind. I heard Stark once, he was planning to adopt him after his marriage."

"Stark? Impressive! The last time I saw him, he was in a suit waving me goodbye. Fun person, I must say, he smirked when I sassed the team."

"Stark has changed, he is bit serious."

"Well, people change!" he kept the book aside and turn to face me. "You said that you're an Immortal," I nodded, "How did you find out that-you are an immortal?"

"That," I softly smiled, "There was a note when I left in the orphanage and they thought it would be good to pass on just a bit of trauma to a child by giving the child that note." He noticed my voice breaking, he caressed my hand and I looked at him.

"What was written in that note?" he asked.

"It basically told me that my mother, the real one, she had done everything to kill me but I just regenerated myself and so she came to the conclusion of me being immortal. Stupid, right?" I looked at waiting for answer, I watched him processing my weird life story.

"But....but how does that make you an immortal? Maybe you have a great healing factor. You could be an Asgardian or maybe a God-like creature." he was confused as hell.

"I am 26 years old but I haven't aged a day since I turned 24. Probably, this is enough to prove that-"

"You really are an Immortal!" his eyes widen.

"You should look at yourself." I smiled, his reaction was worth capturing in a picture. "How many years are left for you?" I asked out of blue.

"That sounds really rude." He laughed, "Let's see, I am 1033 and my species live upto 5000 give or take. So, 3967 years." 

"That's a lot of years." I said, "A time would come where there won't be any 'normal' life spanned person won't be alive and...what I want to say is, how would it feel? I don't want to forget the glorious days I have spent with my friends, Peter, Tony and Happy. They are the only one I talk to now, they are my family."

He sighed at my question, "It is tough for the first few years but...it is just a natural process. I am used to it. I can't explain when I first experienced it."

"The next 3967 years...you know...we can spend together." I said.

"Are you hitting on me?" he said dramatically.

"I am not! I said that as..as.." I tried to defend myself.

"Oh no! No! You know exactly what you said." he said.

"You are being delusional." I joked.

"Oh! How dare you!" he playfully spoke, "If you like me so much, you could've just told me, but all that? Very dramatic of you!"

"Oh shut it! You are the one in love with me." I said.

"I can't hear you." he lied on the bed and pretended to sleep.

"Look who's acting like a child!" I mocked.

"Still can't hear you!"

..................................