13 - Reunion

Aang rolls around in the snow and I sit and watch him until large dark clouds roll into view. The clouds precipitate dark-coloured snow.

"This snow," I hold my hand out to let the black snowflakes fall into my palm, "Fire Nation."

Sounds of loud drums echo through the northern tribe as people began to run to the palace. I follow suit and make my way to the palace.

"The day we have feared for so long has arrived. The Fire Nation is on our doorstep. It is with great sadness that I call my family here before me, knowing well that some of these faces are about to vanish from our tribe, but they will never vanish from our hearts. Now, as we approach the battle for our existence, I call upon the great spirits. Spirit of the Ocean! Spirit of the Moon! Be with us! I'm going to need volunteers for a dangerous mission," Arnook speaks from the front of the group.

"Count me in," Sokka stands.

"Sokka," Katara worries.

"Be warned, many of you will not return," Many of the men from the tribe rise from their seats, "Come forward to receive my mark, if you accept the task," The men all walk forward and from what I can see, Arnook is painting some type of insignia on their foreheads. Sokka walks up and behind him I recognize Sakari.

"Sakari," I call walking up next to her, "You're a girl. They won't let you fight."

"They don't have to know that." She tucks her hair into her hat and her face is remarkably masculine. If I didn't know her I would think she was a man, "You of all people must know how to fight them." She says, straightening out her clothes.

"Why me?" I chuckle nervously.

"Wotah isn't exactly the most convincing fake name." She smirks, "Everyone knows that you're Fire Nation,"

"And they haven't frozen me into a popsicle, why?"

"Because if the Avatar trusts you, we trust you," She puts a comforting hand on my shoulder, "So, really, what's your advice on taking down the Fire Nation."

-

Standing next to Sokka on the main wall, I look out at the oncoming Fire Nation fleet. Suddenly, a large fireball comes shooting out from one of the ships directly towards the ice wall. The structure shakes and I momentarily lose my balance. Sokka grabs my arm stopping me from falling.

Snow now covers the top of the wall, caused by many fireball attacks to it, "Katara!" Sokka calls after climbing out of a pile of snow. A blast of snow appears and within it is Katara. Sokka runs over and pulls her out of the pile. Two more fireballs come flying overhead.

"Can't you stop them with your firebending!?" Sokka yells over the sound of the fireballs hitting the snow.

"I don't know. That would take a lot of strength, the most I would probably be able to do is stop the fire which isn't very helpful," I sit down on the edge looking at another fireball soaring overhead. I snap upwards, "I'm such an idiot!" I smack myself in the face.

I prepare my stance, securing myself to the ground in a shallow squat. The next fireball launches towards the wall, I take a deep breath and step forwards thrusting my two fingers into the air at the fireball creating a lightning strike that destroys the rock before it could hit the wall, leaving small remnants to splash into the water below. I turn to look at Sokka and Katara with a smile. Sokka's jaw is on the floor while Katara gives me a shocked smile.

"How long have you been able to do that!?" Sokka shakes my shoulders.

"A little while." I shrug.

"That was so cool! The fireball was all like 'Zoom' but you were all like 'Zap Zap' and 'Boom!" Sokka exaggerates. I drop to my knees.