28 - A Special Visit

A loud banging on the door makes me stop my meditation, "Would it hurt you to knock a little softer?" I mumble as I walk over to the door. I'm a prisoner, why don't they just bust the door down.

I slide the door open and I am met with several guards.

"Hello?" I smile sheepishly.

"The Fire Lord wishes for your presence." One of them speaks.

"Oh, great." I smile sarcastically as they take my hands and cuff them behind my back. They lead me away from my home and towards the centre of the Palace City, "What does he want?" I ask.

"He did not specify."

"Oh boy, I love a good surprise."

"You are to behave yourself." They order.

"I always behave myself. I don't know what you're talking about." I kick the guard in the leg and he shoots me a glare, "Fine... I'll behave myself."

The large doors of Ozai's court hall stand in front of me. The guards uncuff my hands, "What are you doing that for?" I ask.

"Fire Lord Ozai's orders." I shake my hands out and look between the guards. None of them make a move towards the door. I bring it upon myself to do it.

I push open the large doors and enter the dark hall, lit only by Ozai's bright flames. I strut my way down the hall and I can't help but chuckle lightly, "It's funny." I call out to the man hiding in the shadows, "The last time I was in here... You killed my father. I can't help but to think you might do the same thing to me." I stand directly before him when I finish talking.

"Now, why would I do that?" Ozai's voice booms, "I have no reason to kill you."

"Of course." I scoff, "Then what did you bring me here for?"

"I was wondering how you've been enjoying your stay back in the Fire Nation."

"Like you care about me." I spit, "Don't think I haven't figured out why you're treating me with such hospitality... You're not going to convert me to your side." I sneer, "You ruined that chance when you killed my father."

"Your father was a liar and a traitor."

"And I'm not? You might as well kill me too... I've never obeyed you either."

"You are more useful to me... Alive."

"Right." I scoff, "Because I'm friends with the Avatar... Well, I'm not going to hold your hand and help you find him if that's what you were hoping for."

"I do not need to find him... The Avatar will come to me."

I roll my eyes, "If that's all you had to say to me I'll take my leave." I turn and walk back down the hall.

"I heard about your connection with Zuko... Of course, he inevitably saw your weakness." Ozai's words make me stop in my tracks, "And I bet you are so happy about that... Zuko chose to be with somebody whose family admires you. No... Fears you... And that will never be me... Good for you!" I clap dramatically, "You get to take another thing away from my life!" I can feel the tears filling my eyes, "The only thing I have left is my mother and who knows how long it will be before you kill her too." I turn back to face him, "So why don't you just kill me already!" I cry out in a hoarse voice and drop to my knees.

"There's that weakness." Ozai sneers. I glare at him and push off the floor.

"This isn't weakness." I growl, "This is regular human emotion... You should try it sometime." I smirk through the tears and turn on my heel, "I don't fear you, Ozai."

"What is your point?" He questions as I reach the door.

"I don't fear you, so there is no reason for me to feel weakness."

"You may not feel weak... But your weakness still remains on the outside."

"Burn in hell." I spit before opening the door and exiting the hall. The guards cuff my hands behind my back again. Azula turns the corner at this very moment, "I see you met with my father."

"We had a great chat. You should have joined us." I joke.

"Is he sending you back to prison?" She smiles evilly.

"No, actually. He said he quite likes having me as his neighbour. Might even have me come over for tea later." I give her a fake smile and she just scowls, "Take her away." She orders the guards.

"Oh, come one, Azula. I thought we formed a bond after everything that happened on Ember Island." I call out but she just keeps her arms tightly crossed as I get dragged away.

The guards shove me into my home once they take off my cuffs and slam the door in my face, "Rude." I mutter.

I walk into my living room and sit down on the couch. I lazily scan my eyes across the room before sitting up straight. All of the portraits of my family are gone and have been replaced with Fire Nation propaganda.

"No!" I run over to one of the flags and rip it off of my wall and contrary to my beliefs the painting was not hiding behind it. I rush to my door and bang on it, "Take me back! I need to have a word with Ozai!" The guards open the door and stare at me, "You cannot visit the Fire Lord without invitation."

"How about we make an exception?" My hands start to glow with fire. The guards once again slam the door in my face, "He stole from me!" I yell.

"You are a prisoner. You have no possessions." One of the guards answers. I punch the wall next to the door, "You want to play that way, Ozai?" I whisper to myself.

I start to rip and burn all of the propaganda off of my walls. The temperature in the house increases steadily. My once rage-filled words have become nothing but screams of anger. A large fire roars in my living room by the time I am stopped. The guards pin me to the floor as they extinguish the flames. A hard blow to the back of my head stops my movements.

We're not playing nice anymore, Ozai.