36 - Nightmares

Once again, I sit and watch Zuko train Aang in his firebending but after watching it for several hours it gets boring and I just end up laying down on the front steps of the beach house.

"More ferocious! Imagine striking through your opponent's heart!" Zuko orders.

"I'm trying." Aang groans.

"Now let me hear you roar like a tigerdillo!" I look up to see Aang give a light roar and small flames burst from his arms and mouth.

"That sounded pathetic! I said roar!" Zuko critiques. Aang tries again and this time three large plumes of fire come out of his arms and mouth.

"Who wants a nice cool glass of watermelon juice?" Katara says and I reach my arm in the air and a small watermelon gets placed in it.

"Ooh, ooh! Me, me, me!" Aang runs closer to us to receive a watermelon. I sit up and take a sip of the refreshing drink.

"Hey!" Zuko grabs the back of Aang's collar, stopping him from getting a drink, "Your lesson's not over yet! Get back here!"

"Come on, Zuko. Just take a break. What's the big deal?" Suki asks. Zuko lets go of Aang, "Fine!" Zuko grumbles under his breath and then looks at me, "Li Mei,"

"What?"

"I want you to train with me."

"Why me?" I complain.

"You're the only other firebender and your technique is sloppy."

"My technique is not sloppy!" I stand up and knock over my watermelon juice. Zuko crosses his arms, "Okay, fine, maybe my technique is a little sloppy but I don't really feel like fixing it."

"If we're going to fight the Fire Nation we are all going to have to be in our best shape... You are not."

I cross my own arms over my chest like a child, "Fine... I'll do your stupid training."

"Thank you." Zuko sighs. I walk over to him, "So, what do you want me to do?"

"Let's start with the basics."

"Basics? What am I five?" I throw my arms in the air out of frustration.

"You firebend like an earthbender." Zuko deadpans.

"I like doing it that way. The opponent never knows what's coming."

"The basics," Zuko repeats himself. I sigh and get into a fighting stance, "Your stance is weak."

"Thanks for the compliment," I grumble.

"Anyone could knock you down without trying." He walks closer to me, grabbing my arm and knocking my feet out from under me, pinning me to the ground.

"Well, maybe I didn't have a lot of one on one training in prison." I push him off of me and stand back up. I get back into my stance.

"Bring your legs further apart," Zuko instructs and I follow, "Bend your knees more." I follow, "Now try to attack me."

"You're easily going to block my attack."

"Just try."

I take a deep breath and charge at him. He throws a punch at my head, but I dodge it and I feel the flames kiss the side of my face. I slide on the ground and kick out his legs, but he flips onto his hands and back into a standing position. I kick my leg into the air and create a blade of Fire which he quickly dodges and he sends a large ball of fire my way. I duck and roll to the side. I stomp on the ground, forming a large wave of flames. While he's distracted with that I run as quickly as I can behind him and kick him right in the middle of his back, making him crash to the ground. Before he can get up, I flip him over and pin him down by sitting on top of his chest and holding his arms down with my legs.