20 - The Tales of Ba Sing Se

I watch the customers come in and out of the tea shop while Zuko runs around serving them all. I've noticed a girl sitting in the corner of the shop who seems to come in a lot. She oggles Zuko as he works. Finally, she stands up and I get up from my own to 'pay' for my tea, but really I just want to hear if she says anything of importance.

"Thank you for the tea. What's your name?" The girl greets him, handing Zuko some coins which he places on the table next to him.

"My name's Lee. My uncle and I just moved here." Zuko introduces himself with his alias.

"Hi Lee, my name's Jin. Thank you and... Well, I was wondering if you would like to go out sometime." I nearly choke as she asks him. Zuko dawns a shocked expression that is unreadable. Before Zuko can reply for himself, Iroh speaks up, "He'd love to!" He grins widely.

"Great. I'll meet you in front of the shop at sundown." She smiles one last time before exiting the tea shop.

"A date, huh?" I bump Zuko with my elbow, "What in the world are we going to do to you to make you look presentable?" I tease. Something deep in my heart aches but I push it away like I always do, "You might look somewhat decent if we fixed that hair of yours." I ruffle his hair aggressively, making him slap my hand.

-

I can't contain my laughter at the sight of Zuko with his hair gelled down, "You look ridiculous!" I cry, wiping tears from my ears, "What did you do?" I look at Iroh with a huge smile.

"I think he looks quite nice." Iroh pats Zuko on the back, sending him out of the tea shop, "Would you like to come over for a cup of tea?" Iroh asks.

"I would love to."

-

Iroh and Zuko's apartment is about the same size as my own. Though small, it has a nice feeling of home. Iroh places a small cup of tea on the table in front of me.

"Jasmine." He tells me. I lift the cup to my lips and the wonderful sensation of the warm liquid fills my body.

"Iroh?" I gain the older man's attention, "I was wondering if you could give me some advice?" The man sits down across from me just like he used to on the ship.

"It's about-" I start but Iroh cuts me off, "Prince Zuko," I feel my face warm up confirming that he was correct.

"I don't know what to do about anything." I slump over the table resting my head in my hands. A gentle touch makes me lift my head meeting Iroh's calm gaze, "He will realize how you feel one day. And one day I believe he will realize how he feels."

"How he feels? You don't mean..."

"I believe that deep down Prince Zuko harbours the same feelings for you that you do for him." Iroh smiles.

"But I don't have any feelings for him!" I blurt out. Iroh lifts an eyebrow and stares at me, "Okay, fine." I throw my hands in the air, "I like him... A lot..." I mutter, "But he's on a date right now. If he..."

"Who's to say that it will go well." Iroh comments. A small smile grazes my features, "You really have no faith in your nephew's romantic skills." I chuckle.

"I simply do not believe that she is the one for him. She doesn't even know who he really is. Unlike somebody I know." My eyes catch Iroh's again.

"You mean me!?" I gasp, "No, no, no. I'm not the one for him!" I exclaim as the door opens revealing Zuko and my face heats up instantly fearing that he had heard all of what Iroh and I were talking about.

"How was your night, Prince Zuko?" Iroh asks but Zuko does not respond; he walks into the other room and slams the door. I look at Iroh with a confused look until the door slides back open, "It was nice." He says simply before closing the door again. My heart sinks thinking that he may actually have feelings for this girl, Jin.