Epilogue

My name is Li Mei, my mother was an earthbender named Nuwa and my father was a firebender named Kai. Despite their differences, they fell in love and they had me, a firebender raised in the Fire Nation.

I did not grow up alone though, I met a boy at a very young age and we became very close friends and as the years went on I even began to think of him as more than friends. But we got separated due to my family. And just when I thought I would never be seeing him again, there he was. He was different and we had both changed a lot in the time that we had been away from each other. That didn't stop me from falling in love with him all over again, even with our differences in values and opinions.

And after a while, he fell for me too. But he broke my heart and left me hanging, only to come back and stitch it back together.

A long life we've lived together. Our daughter has grown older and has children of her own now.

If I could go back to my childhood and live my whole life over again. I would. Even with all of the pain and hardships, I would do it over and over again. Why? Because through the pain there was so much happiness, fun, and love.

And I am sad now because I can no longer provide love to those I care about. Not because I don't want to, but because I am no longer around to do so. My one regret is that I never got to tell those I cared about that I loved them one last time.

So, to my family, friends, and friends that may not be related by blood, but that were still family, I love you and I want you to always remember that even though I am not around to say it to you anymore.

I just want you to always know that you mean the world to me, and I couldn't have made it through my life without any of you. So, thank you for being there.

I love you all, Li Mei