Chapter 3: The Unexpected Results

Elliana's pov: The doctor examines my stomach and I can tell she's found something but I don't know what. But she was very gentle and very comforting to me which I thought was quite relaxing. After she examines me I put my jumper back on.
Doctors pov: I come out from behind the certain, and sits back down on the chair. 
Yolanda: So what's wrong with her?
Doctor: I would like you to wait for Elliana to get dressed before I say anything more. If that's okay?
Yolanda: Why? What have you found?
Doctor: I really don't want to say anything more, until Elliana is present.
Yolanda: But I can tell there is something wrong, I can tell there is.
Doctor: Just please hold on a second.
Elliana's pov: Comes out from behind the curtain.
Doctor: Come take a seat. For me.
Elliana: Okay, I will do.
Elliana's pov: sits down.
Doctor: Elliana, are you happy to talk with your mum present?
Elliana: Yeah, sure.
Doctor: Is there anything that you would like to tell us? Before I carry on.
Elliana: No, Not that I can think off.
Yolanda: Will you please tell us what's going on?
Doctor: The reason why elliana has put on some weight. It's because she's pregnant...
Yolanda: Pregnant?
Elliana's pov: I start to cry.
Yolanda: No...
Doctor: I'm sorry...but it's very clear that Elliana is pregnant. But I would say as much as five months.
Yolanda: She's only 13 years old. She's never even had a proper boyfriend, tell her. Tell her. Tell her there's a mistake. Elliana, look at me. Look at me please. Elliana...do you realise what she's saying?
Elliana: yes, I do.
Yolanda: Then tell the doctor, That you can't be pregnant if you never had sex.
Elliana's pov: Stays quiet and cries more.
Yolanda: Uhh. Please, please tell me it's not true.
Elliana's pov: Hugs closer to her and cries.
Yolanda: Oh, Elliana. What have you done?
Doctor: You do realise that it's too late for a termination. Do you know what that means?
Yolanda: Why, didn't you say something? Why didn't you talk to us?
Elliana: I didn't know.
Yolanda: How could you not know? You must of noticed your period stopped
Doctor: She is only 13.
Yolanda: Yeah, I know that. Thank you.
Doctor: Well at that age, her menstrual cycle can be very irregular. Which can also be affected by stress, by weight loss...
Yolanda: By pregnancy.
Doctor: Yes...but our bodies go through many changes around the time of puberty.so it would be very easy to miss the signs of pregnancy. Look, I want you to know that I'll be here to see you through every step of the way, starting with a scan  to make sure you and the babies are healthy.
Elliana: Wait, I'm having twins?
Doctor: Yes, I could feel two babies moving around, they won't be able to kick but I could feel some movements. With the scan we should get that done straight away. I can make you an appointment at the hospital for tomorrow, if that's okay?
Elliana: But...What about school?
Yolanda: Yes, that's fine.
Doctor: In the meantime, this has obviously been a big shock for both of you. Maybe it'll be best for you to take elliana home now. To give you a chance to discuss it together  and then we can talk again.
Yolanda: Is that what you want?
Elliana: Yes, please.
Yolanda: Come on then.
Doctor: Mrs. Walmsley would you like me to let social services know.
Yolanda: We don't need social services.
Doctor: Well you never know, they may be able to help. They have a lot of experiences with teenage pregnancies, and of course I will be in close contact too.
Yolanda: Yes, well...thank you.
Elliana: Thanks, for everything.