Chapter 19: Meeting with the principal

Yolanda's pov: Wakes up before Ellie, and takes her up some orange juice.
Yolanda: Ellie, time to wake up.
Elliana: It's okay, I'm awake. I'm not asleep, I was just thinking.
Yolanda: You alright?
Elliana: No, not really.
Yolanda: Here sip this.
Yolanda's pov: hands her the glass of orange juice
Elliana: What do you think the school is going to say?
Yolanda: I don't know. Because whatever they say won't really change anything will it? So there's nothing to really worry about.
Elliana: I really don't wanna go.
Yolanda: I know, I know you don't. Well uh, we'll go see Mrs.Payton and then we'll come back. How does that sound?
Elliana: Good. Sounds like a plan.
Yolanda: Because we want to get the head on our side don't we?
Elliana: You don't think she'll make me say who the father is?
Yolanda: I don't know. To be honest, I don't think so.
Elliana: You will be there with me Won't ya?
Yolanda: Yes, I will be there.
Hunter's pov: Comes upstairs and goes into Ellie's room.
Hunter: Are you alright then?
Elliana: No, not really.
Yolanda: she's just worried about what people might say.
Hunter: Ahh, I see.
Yolanda: I said that they are only words. Cause words can't hurt, can they.
Elliana's pov: I get ready for the day and heads down to my school to chat with the head. When we get there she invites us into her office.
Mrs.Payton: Hi elliana, nice to see that you are all healthy again.
Elliana: Hi miss. Yep we are, well kinda.
Mrs.Payton: What do you mean?
Elliana: What I mean is that...About 4 or 5 weeks ago now, we found out that I'm pregnant with twins. And that's why I have been off. Because it's been hard to handle it with all the appointments, scans etc and my emotions.
Mrs.Payton: Ahhh, okay. Well, you're not the first young woman to sit there and tell me she's pregnant and I don't suppose you will be the last. Well the school will support whatever position you decide to take. So have you talked it over?
Hunter: Yes, until the cows come on.
Mrs.Payton: I meant have you decided on what to do?
Yolanda: Elliana, will be having the baby.
Mrs.Payton: And the father?
Hunter: Well that's not an issue because...we don't want him involved.
Mrs.Payton: Ahhh, I see. Can I ask, is this a decision that you've reached by yourselves or have you been involved and included with any other agencies?
Hunter: Well a social worker has been around to see us and we are in close contact with our doctor.
Mrs.Payton: And what about you elliana, would you like to see or talk to someone? Cause there's a Stella young woman's project that I could refer you too.
Elliana's pov: shakes my head.
Hunter: Ummm, well if we could just keep it to ourselves, then that would be appreciated.
Mrs.Payton: Alright. But if you change your mind Elliana, then I'll be happy to set it up for you.
Elliana: Okay, thank you. I'll let you know if I do.
Mrs.Payton: Okay, so the practicalities. With the school rules we will need to notify all of the staff.
Hunter: Ummm, is that really necessary as we don't want it going around any longer then it has.
Mrs.Payton: Oh yes, very much so. Cause I better make you aware of our position Mr.Walmsley. Obviously we will support Elliana, but we certainly don't condone what's happen, with this situation.
Hunter: No, no of course not.
Mrs.Payton: So therefore we will set up a discreet program for her benefit. Like we do with all the others that become pregnant at a young age. But we certainly aren't sending out a message to encourage them to follow in Elliana's example. And they will treat the matter with confidentiality so that they can deal with any situations that may arise. Without calling any attention to them, I'll also report a named woman member of staff that will be Elliana's first point of contact. She'll meet you each week and you can discuss any problems with her. Is that alright?
Elliana: Yeah it is.
Mrs.Payton: what about your form tutor Mrs. Alessi?
Elliana: Ummm, yeah. That's fine.
Mrs.Payton: Okay, I'll see her later. And talk to her about what we have arranged.
Hunter: Sooo, it seems like you're saying she can stay here at school.
Mrs.Payton: Oh, yes. Of course she can. If that's what she wants to do. For the time being anyway.
Yolanda: Time being?
Mrs.Payton: Well the later stages will be more problematic for us as a school. As we aren't equipped to deal with childbirth here, As we are a school...not a maternity unit and that's how I'm gonna keep it.
Hunter: So, what about later on?
Mrs.Payton: So, Elliana could transfer to a special unit that have more facilities for her with the later stages or we can continue to oversee her education and provide work for her and she can be tutored at home.
Hunter: And when it's all over?
Mrs.Payton: She can come back, can I ask if there is anyone else that is aware of the situation?
Yolanda: Yes, Elliana's friend, Sophia Birlem and Jules Leblanc, cause we think Sophia might of told her.
Mrs.Payton: Ahhh, I see. You do realise that there will be a lot of gossip, don't you? But it will dial down eventually but you'll need to be ready for it. Are you ready for it?
Elliana: Yep, I decided to act like an adult so I have to face the consequences of what's happened.
Mrs.Payton: That's good. I'm proud of you for overcoming this Elliana, and making your own decision. You've always been a bright student.
Elliana: Thank you.
Mrs.Payton: Well that's stage 1 over. It wasn't so bad was it?
Hunter: Yep, you could say that.
Mrs.Payton: I think you should return to school as soon as possible elliana, cause there's no point in putting it off. What do you say?
Elliana: Yeah, I will do it.
Elliana's pov: We walk out of the office and head to the car.
Hunter: Well thank goodness that's over.
Yolanda: Well, Mrs.alessi is very nice. I thought it was a good idea.
Hunter: Same here.
Hunter's pov: We all walk out, with people staring at us.
Ella: Mummy's girl or is it mummy?
Jules: Shut up will ya. She doesn't deserve to be bullied. Especially when you don't know the full story.
Elliana's pov: Turns around and sees Jules.
Elliana: Thank you Jules. *hugs her*
Jules: You don't deserve that.
Elliana: I'm sorry I didn't tell ya. I was just afraid of who to tell.
Jules: Same here. As I know what it's like to be in your shoes with this situation.
Elliana: Wait, are you pregnant as well?
Jules: Yes I am. I'm due in about 7 months.
Elliana: Awe congratulations.
Yolanda: Awe congrats, how did your parents react to the news?
Jules: They were really supportive. Just like you both are of Ellie.
Yolanda: Thank you. Well we will see you soon.
Jules: Bye Ellie.
Elliana: Bye Jules.
Elliana's pov: We all head home.