Chapter 20: Nan's Apology

Elliana's pov: when we arrived home we saw my Nan walking towards us. I just hope it's not for another lecture cause I can't handle another one. At all.
Bella: Can we talk please?
Hunter: What about?
Bella: Hunter please, I've been trying to catch you all morning but you haven't been in.
Hunter: Oh, don't worry Bella, cause we haven't been consulting the name of councillor Bella Walmsley.
Bella: Will you stop it please. Ellie I'm really sorry for the way I spoke to you and how I acted. I really didn't mean those things I said. I hope you know that, don't you.
Elliana: Yeah, I do.
Hunter: Well you seemed very sure of them last night.
Bella: I was just shocked, okay. Can we please make up properly? Can I come in?
Elliana: Come on mum. They are only ones that don't mean anything remember. Plus I wanna face this my way. I forgive nan. I know she didn't mean to say those things. You said some shocking things when you found out. Let's give her another chance. She's family. Families stick together, know matter what.
Yolanda: Okay.
Bella: Thank you darling. I'll be over in 5 mins as I left someone under the drier.
Bella's pov: I head back to the saloon and then go back over to Yolanda's house for a chat.
Bella: Well it seems like the school wants to help for the time being which is good. Especially as there are other people in Ellie's situation as well. I suppose.
Yolanda: Well within reason.
Bella: What do you mean?
Hunter: Well they made it clear that they don't condone what's happened under the circumstances.
Bella: Well no, I don't suppose they do. But these things happen and we just have to move forward with life.
Hunter: Wow, you've changed your tune.
Bella: Yes, thank you. As I'm well aware of that Hunter. Look, I know I said some really terrible things, but I am really sorry. Well it's just probably my age as my brain might not be able to take in certain things in a calm tone anymore. But I was wrong okay. I was very very wrong and I'm sorry. But please I just want you all to know that I will always be here for you. Especially you my darling.
Yolanda: What's up?
Elliana: It's just what Ella said when we were leaving the school.
Bella: What do you mean?
Elliana: Half of them blanked me. Ella said a mean comment. Half of them will probably never talk to me again.
Elliana's pov: runs upstairs crying.
Bella: Did I say something wrong?
Yolanda: No you didn't.
Bella: Okay.
Hunter: Well the teachers were okay with her this morning. But the other kids there were a bit funny.
Yolanda: But not nice funny. As they were...
Hunter: sniggering behind her back. Pretending like she wasn't there.
Bella: Oh, no. Poor little thing.
Yolanda: But Jules stook up for her, as well as she knows what it's like to be in her shoes as she's also pregnant.
Bella: Awe that's nice of her.
Yolanda: Yeah, so I think she feels a little bit supported.