7

—— NIGHT

—— NIGHT

bedroom, raining, and I was in bed.

skimming through my notes from history class, I heard pebbles being thrown at from my window but it wasn't a shock anymore, there's only one person in the whole Korea who would throw pebbles at a person's window.

and knock, too.

I opened the window and let him into my room. Right away I was greeted with warm raindrops hitting my skin. Heeseung ruffled his hair, the drops of rain were vigorously leaving his hair, and his leather jacket? Soaking wet.

he came all this way, soaking wet, into my room and I wonder why?

"walking into my room, climbing the tree while it's raining? Walking over here in general? Quite the romantic you must be." I teased, in a sly tone.

"I wanted to do something together. And I promise it's not trouble-some." he had that glint in his eye I could tell was genuine, I looked up at him to see what he was hinting at.

he had a black duffel back, he unzipped it. Spinning a can of spray paint with his fingers. "How about we make art? joy."

"but isn't that illegal? Spray painting areas that are not wanting to be sprayed?"

"the owner of the area I go to, told me that I could feel free with the art I make. And I felt like, today was the best day. And I would choose my other buddies but I don't think they have graceful artistic skills like you do." he handed me one.

"so what do you say?"

I grabbed my leather jacket, and lightly smiled. "I say, we do it."

——

as we head outside while it was pouring, I grabbed umbrella but heeseung had his hand over mine. Taking control of the umbrella, raising it above our heads.

"heeseung, about this challenge. why did you want to do it?" my tone serene, my eyes trailed upon the cement ground, puddles of rain flowing through.

"you're kind of, like the person most people wouldn't expect to see. Unlike most people, you have that unique persona in you, you know when to be brave, you know how to stick up for yourself, you act in the way most people wouldn't expect. And it's comforting, I got mad that day and wanted to challenge you. You gave in."

"i always love a good challenge."

"yea I can tell you do, going out with the person you despise the most says a lot about you." he tugged my jacket to pull me in closer.

as we entered the abandoned tunnels, he grabbed a spray paint. Immediately forming a red heart. He wrote his name and mine next to it.

heeseung + jia

"memories. from the stupid bets I used to make with you in my teenage years, and I'll look back into it." he snickered, I drew a broken heart with the words in the inside "bad boys suck!"

"you sure you don't got a soft spot for bad boys." I felt him push me against the wall, his eyes leading down on me.

I leaned in, our faces only inches apart. I returned soft but cunning eyes, and I didn't lose focus from his. "I don't have a spot for bad boys, not even for the most conniving guys around the area."

"you all have collusive ideas, to create burdens for others. I don't see where the fun in that is."

"I'll show you how the trouble causes fun." he pecked my cheek, "counting to see you're immense failure lee." I hurled the empty spray bottle from my hand, straight to him.

——