12

——

——

"She was my best friend, I lost her during freshman year. She was sick, but I've always loved her and I cherished every moment I had with her knowing that she wouldn't be around forever. And one day it came hitting me like a truck, she died. A few days before school started." silent tears ran down my cheeks, heeseung wiped them away with his thumb.

"the only thing I could remember her by was this cologne, she lost her brother too. And after his death she would use his cologne every day because it reminded her of him, I can't find the cologne anywhere anymore, I wish I could just smell her one more time."

"I only have the bottle she used, but I can't find it and the scent has gone out."

"that cologne that was in your dresser?" he questioned.

"how'd you know?"

"I rummaged through your dresser last week, sorry." He sheepishly scratched the back of his neck.

"you see heeseung, you should appreciate the beauty in things, acknowledge it, one day it's not going to be there." I shook my head a little bit, looking him straight in the eyes, genuinely.

I've got up from my seat on the hard ground, slipping off my leather jacket. "you coming?"

heeseung got up, and we started to exit the tunnels. "you know lee, you're the only person who's calmed me down on a day like this. It's surprising, you have it in you."

"I'm not all trouble you know, I'll be there." he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

—— NIGHT

as I've fell asleep, heeseung got up from bed. We were just talking, and I drifted off. Heeseung opened the drawer slowly, and smiled. Taking the cologne bottle.

——

over the course of the days, heeseung searched desperately for the cologne and he found it. It was of great price than it used to be, but knowing it would mean the world to jia, and that it will fill the sorrow's in her heart, he bought it for her.

as midnight hit, heeseung arrived through the window. Jia now kept it open for him, "joy." he jumped into my bed.

"What do you want freak."

heeseung took out the cologne, handing it to her. Jia jumped out of her seat and sprayed it on her hand immediately, taking in the scent. Her heart was warmed up, and little tears were on her eyelid, she smiled widely.

"I can remember what she smells like, heeseung." she sniffled, engulfing me into a hug. A tight but comforting hug.

"you don't know how much it means to me, it feels like apart of home is back, she was home." I stared at the bottle.

heeseung caressed her back, still in her embrace. His lips curved up, knowing that she could finally be in some peace.

——