8

—— SCHOOL

—— SCHOOL

"Jia could you do me a favor and put these papers in the office??" Miss song handed me some files, "of course."

ambling among the halls, I viewed a person rummaging through the drawers in the office. I opened the door, a head peeked up. "HEESEUN-"

he covered my mouth, my back crashing into the lockers inside the room. "What the hell are you doing?!" I whisper yelled, skimming through the papers he was holding. "test answers, history."

"you're cheating?!"

"You don't get it I really need this!"

"what? really? What was so important for you to do , you couldn't even get a minute's worth of study? What if it wasn't me who caught you up here? What would you tell to the person who caught you?"

the door opened, our math teacher. she stared at the both of us and snatched the papers from Heeseung's hands, scanning through.

"Unbelievable you two!" she gave a stern look. "Planning to cheat on the history test?! What would Mrs song think?!"

"Me?! I'm the one who caught this idiot taking the papers!  Miss Song sent me into the room to put her files!" I defended.

"yea well, you'll be taking this test separately. I caught you both here I don't need explanations, we'll get this sorted out, follow me."

—— TIME SKIP

"Mrs. Song you believe me don't you?! I told you about how I studied, I didn't intend on taking the answers I caught him!"

"yea I believe you dear, but the vice principal doesn't. We all know heeseung, I'm not sorry but I can't change the rules or especially talk to the vice principal about it, I have no evidence. I know you studied, so whether you're with the class or not I know you'll do well."

I gave her a look, assuring look. "Well thanks for believing in me though, I'll let you know my score when I'm done so you can record it."

—— detention room

"Look what you got me into you moron." I snarked, my tone growing sharper each moment he gives me a look, and it aggravates me that he just smirks about it.

"no talking miss jang." the detention monitor hushed.

I solved the last few questions and finished, closing my computer. I received a 94% on the test, I smiled and showed the detention monitor my score.

"I guess you really weren't cheating then." He seemed impressed. "I told you I wasn't, I really did study."

heeseung showed his score, "32%" I read out, about to lose the control of my laughter. "I was really upset, but this just made my day."

"we get it, you're happy about me failing. Can we leave now?" He emanated an exasperated voice.

the detention monitor motioned his hands for us to take our leave.

we entered Mrs Song's room, "94% and heeseung 32%"

"I knew you could do it, and heeseung you didn't need to steal answers you know I give you retakes of the test. Please don't do that again."

heeseung bowed, I don't see that often. "I'm sorry." he took a seat, wriggling into it. Putting his hood up and his headphones in.

—- dismissal

as I was leaving home I noticed heessung behind, "what do you want know."

"are you still mad? I'll make it up to you baby, I promise."

"oh yea? Tell me, mr rebel. How are you going to make it up to me." I vacantly questioned, internally knowing that it would take him ages to owe something to me.

heeseung pulled out two tickets. When my eyes caught attention on it, they went wide. "heeseung how'd you get these?"

it was to the show i've been wanting to go to since I was young, where shooting stars were featured and stars closer to the earth than regular ones, but they weren't real. It was all a show of course, and you can see them all up close, like they're infront of you.

"I told you I could make it up to you, you're brother mentioned that you've always wanted to go to one. My dad's friend works there, I happened to make something work."

"heeseung I've been trying to get these tickets for years, I don't know how to thank you. You've really

Made it up to me."

——