19

——

——

"I've liked you since freshman year, when we were put in the same class, and no matter how many times I caused trouble around you, you wouldn't cry like most of the girls, but instead find a way to get back at me. you were the quietest girl in the class but the moment I find a way to irritate you, the slyest way you'd find a way to get back. and you're just the same." his thumb brushed against my cheek, his smile faint.

"then why, how come you brought up the challenge?"

"because I wanted to be closer to you, this is our senior year. I didn't want to just leave and never see you again, that's why I messed with you the most these months, I didn't expect you to fall, I just wanted to spend more time with you. or be close."

"heeseung."

he stopped talking, and just waited for me to speak. "then let's stop this, this fake relationship. I don't want it."

heeseung felt his heart jolt, "yea i know, I'm sorry for bringing you into this."

"no heeseung, I mean. I want to be together for real."

Heeseung's eyes went wide, his cheeks now shaded as red as a rose, "you want to be together for real? you're up with being officially together? i thought you weren't into bad guys." question after question came.

and I snickered, "you're right, I don't like "bad guys" but I'll make an exception for one." I went on my tiptoes again, and pecked his lips.

"look jia, i'm sorry for the way I acted last week. I didn't want to see you get injured the way I let myself get beat up, I didn't want to show you my angry side, I didn't want you to see it, but you saw it anyways, and I'm sorry for not listening to you, i really am sorry, I told them that I won't prove myself to them anymore and that they can see me however they want, I won't let myself get beat up anymore, I won't cause trouble." he held my hand, speaking in a gentle tone.

"I'm surprised lee, I've got to admit but not as much as I am proud of you."

heeseung had a glint in his eye, his pearly whites exposed in a wide smile, "so I'm all yours?" he winked.

"All mine lee."

——

sunghoon who followed along and was peaking secretly, squealed as while his mouth was being covered by jay. they jumped of joy and whisper screamed.

"you did it sunghoon!" jay patted his shoulder, and the other male gave off a smug expression.

"I know, I'm the best."

"we get it, mister I'm in love with myself." jay rolled his eyes, folding his arms.

"HEYYYY. you two do know we can hear your whispering from all the way over there right?" I yelled, causing the attention of the two. having their gaze on me.

they laughed, but then ran away before heeseung & I could get to them.

——

you all thought the romance trope was "she fell but he fell harder." wrong, the romance trope was "enemies to lovers, but one was in love the entire time."

I read so many books like that and I've always loved the trope.