17

——

——

SCHOOL

"Lee heeseung why aren't you in class right now?" i can hear a teacher yell at him as I make my way through the hallway to deliver something. I paused in my tracks and just stared since the teacher was blocking my way.

Heeseung's eyes that was on the teacher was now on me, and he didn't look happy. he emanated a pissed off expression, and grimly spat. "does it look like I want to be in class?"

"heeseung." I knocked his hand off that was trying to back his things from the teacher. signaling him to stop, "stop getting involved joy, I mean it." his grasp was on my wrist, his eyes sharply laid against mine.

now it was the teacher watching, between the tension. "joy?" they questioned.

"i'm out of here." heeseung snatched his stuff, walking out of the halls. "my apologies, I hope you can tell miss to excuse me from class while I get heeseung back." I bowed, the teacher nodded. "quickly."

——

I ran after heeseung, he was going to the tunnel. "heeseung." I ran after him, but he yanked my arm away and cupped my jaw.

"leave jia, or else I'm going to start doing shit you won't like." he warned, but I didn't leave, why would I? what kind of person does he take me for.

as he stood staring at me, and I still haven't left. "come on jia please just go." he begged me but I didn't, and I won't.

his cheeks turning scarlet, he hurled a punch towards one of the signs, knocking it down completely, the sound of the clashing, loud enough to cause damage to my ears.

and I watched him as he got more anxious, him clenching his jaw, and then I heard the sound of motorcycles.

the same guys, from before. I turned to them, and back to heeseung, scoffing from disbelief. "this is why you wanted me to leave? so you can fist fight, then injure yourself again??"

"I've had it." my tongue slid around the inside of my cheeks as I eyed the guys waiting on their motorcycles, dumbfounded.

I picked up the part of the metal sign that had a stick and broke the side off of it, holding the stick, and facing them. "who the fuck wants it?"

"you told us she wouldn't be here." the guy yelled at heeseung, gritting his teeth. "I told her to stay out of it." Heeseung's eyes holding contact with mine.

"we'll tell minwoo that you're just a weak link. 6 years and you still act like the same kid you were, just taller, and more muscular." they snickered, the motorcycles men were now speeding away from the tunnels.

heeseung snatched the stick from my hand, "are you out of your mind, you were going to hit them with this?"

"but I didn't, don't work yourself up over something I didn't do, but so wanted to. and what? Weren't you going to do the same thing? hit them? So you can prove to them that you're not the same person you were back then, what's the point?" I looked up at him, once for him to just observe me in silence.

"you wouldn't get it."

"no, no I wouldn't get it because lee heeseung is such a mysterious, such a cryptic guy, a girl like me wouldn't understand anything." I responded sardonically.

"fuck it jia, I can't with you today." he tossed the stick away so hard, that it sent echoes. his bangs now covered his eyes, and his jaw clenched out of frustration.

"then don't, don't even speak to me as of now. I told you not to get into trouble, you made a promise that I knew you were going to break so you did it behind my back, just to prove something stupid, to injure yourself once again, and continue with the trouble. so sorry me, for coming all the way here and making you realize that you make shit decisions." i angrily averted my eyes from his, walking out of the tunnel.

——