16

——

——

before heeseung let go of the lantern he secretly had shot some pics of us, it was a surprise actually. and after that we took photos of each other.

as heeseung & I were walking back home, I let out a small chuckle. "I had fun, for the first time in a long time." I gave him a look, with a glint of genuine-ness in my eyes.

he paused in his tracks, his arm grasped onto my wrist and pulled me in closer. he was 6 inches taller than me and stridently had to look down, he didn't seem to smile, he just stared into my eyes.

and I just returned the same tension back, my heart skipped a beat the moment I did, it was a tingly feeling, I don't know what it was, I wasn't really used to that feeling.

"joy." he said my name, his tone a bit serious but also a teensy bit soft. his fluffy hair going down, covering his eyes.

his arm that grasped onto my wrist was now snaking against my waist, he brought me into his embrace, resting his chin onto the crook of my shoulder. "feeling happy for the first time in a long time? that means you don't feel happy often?"

I shook my head, in his embrace. "there's nothing to be happy about." silent, light tears, stream down my cheek.

— pov

"if night dates make you happy, then I'd take you on a million of them." he mumbles, his hand caressing the strands of her hair.

"I'm going to stay over tonight." he let her slip out of his embrace. he saw the little tears in her eyes but didn't want to mention it, he always saw her as the strongest girl he's ever known, shit she knows taekwondo, she knows how to handle problems, she's self aware, she takes care of her little brother, and he could go on and on.

he doesn't want to mention her weak side.

the two started to walk in silence, and once they made it home. joy was in her bed, changed into her pajamas while heeseung was downstairs, doing who knows what.

as she just stared at her window, watching the rain. the sound to a creak in the door dispersed around the room, joy turned to see heeseung.

heeseung who brought some water, and some snacks. "it's been a while, I didn't think you'd fall asleep so I brought snacks."

—-

he got into my blanket, and sat up. Ripping open a bag of chips, "how come you're nice to me all of a sudden, where did intimidating jang jia go?" he furrowed his brows, I shifted my eyes towards him and grinned.

"don't think you've escaped from that side of me because you haven't, I'm just easy on you because you haven't been a jerk for a while." I shrugged vacantly.

"you want some??" heeseung waved snacks infront of my face, but I was tired so I shook my head. "I'm tired, if you're going to make crunching noises go do it downstairs." I pushed him aside, but he put the snacks away.

his hands placed onto my waist, and snuggling in. "get off." my voice grim, "I know you like it." his hand trailing up to my back, bringing me into his embrace once again.

my face near his chest, what can I say? I gave in, wrapping my arms around him as well. "don't start getting cocky just because I did this." I flicked his forehead.

"mhm." he hummed, I closed my eyes, and while silence took over the room, both of us fell asleep.

——