Chapter 4.1: Unexpected Developments

It was June 1st, a couple of days ago our Mid-Exam was announced. I had managed to beat Sakayanagi in Math, which means that she should be not bothering me anymore. On the flip side, I had successfully managed to attract more unwanted attention because of my inhuman math score. I'll just play dumb like usual and it should wind down in a while.

I was currently in my bedroom, I had just finished my morning exercises and went out of the shower recently. I opened my phone and received a message from the school.

50,300 points have been transferred to your account.

I actually received a bit more points than I had anticipated. If I got 30,000 points as a base reward for my grade and 13,000 points for the Mid-Exam rewards. Then I got about 10,000 extra points for doing something that the school deemed appropriate to receive bonus points.

My guess is that I had managed to get my hands on the Mid-Exam questions and gave them to all the first-year resulting in their average score increasing by more than 10 points. Well, I guess it happened not because of me alone since we also held a study group.

As soon as the elevator door opened on the first floor, I was met by several gazes of the students currently in the lobby.

I didn't pay them any attention and went out of the dormitory.

I was on my way to school, I passed by Satou who was seen walking together with her friends, She waved at me.

"Yo, Good Morning."

"Good Morning."

We then talked about how I managed to gain a perfect score in math. At this point, Satou wasn't even surprised anymore, she says that I give off a very mysterious vibe. I then continued to have a small talk with Satou and her friends.

I have been bothered by someone who had been following me. While talking with Satou and her friends, I have been occasionally taking glimpses at them. Looks like she's a girl from our class. It was still early and there were about 45 minutes until school starts.

I guess I'll mess with her a bit.

"Actually I forgot something in my room, you guys can go ahead."

I then walked back in the direction of the dormitory. When I feel that Satou and her friends had been far enough, I turned back to the direction of the school.

She must be annoyed.

I then continued like this for a while by taking random paths only to suddenly turn to another direction. It seems that she was still following me. I was now in a park that was deserted. I decided to just stand there like an idiot.

A few minutes passed, and she was still hiding in the same spot located in a distance, occasionally taking glances in my direction. I made sure to act so that she didn't notice that I had noticed her. It was now obvious that she was stalking me.

"You sure are persistent, huh?" She was shocked upon hearing my words.

She went out of her hiding spot and a figure with blue eyes. Her hairstyle was identical to Satou's, albeit a bit longer. Other than that, their hair color and facial features were also noticeably different.

"So, what do you want from me, Matsushita?"

"Whoa, how'd you know me? I believed we haven't talked to each other before"

"I have already memorized the names and faces of all the first years."

She laughed, it seemed that she was ridiculed by what I had just said.

"Let's cut to the point, why have you been following me?"

"What? We just happened to walk in the same directions."