Chapter 6.2: You to Me

9:07 AM

About an hour or so ago, the results of the special exam had just been announced. The school had promised to "reward" the students by giving them a one-day stay at a private cabin. We were on a bus with several other groups. Most of the students seemed exhausted after spending almost a week in the wilderness. Well, you can't really judge them since the vast majority of them hadn't even slept in a tent before.

The injuries sustained by Ryuuen and Chiaki were dismissed as "accidents" by the school since no one bothered to report them, causing an investigation by the school unnecessary. As for Chiaki, her ankle was healing but she still couldn't walk on her own, Amikura and Hiyori had to support her.

The bus dropped us off on the side of the road. We were the second to last group to leave judging from the number of students still left on the bus. After disembarking, we could see a trail leading into the woods. Hoshinomiya-Sensei had told us earlier to follow the trail and we would eventually see the cabin.

After walking for a while, we were greeted by the sight of a decently sized building made out of wood. Ishizaki and Totsuka were excited and quickly rushed to the cabin.

"Oi!" Shouted Amikura.

"Jeez... They're aware that we have an injured, right?" She said with a hint of anger on her face.

"It's okay Amikura... Everyone's just glad that the exam is over." Said Chiaki smiling.

The rest of the group was now inside the cabin, there were multiple security cameras installed. Upon entering, we were greeted by a spacious room. There was a large kotatsu In the middle of the room. It could comfortably fit eight people.

There were two doors on either side of the room with the left door already opened, presumably by Ishizaki and Totsuka.

"Looks like the boys will be sleeping over there." Said Shibata with a slight smile.

Shibata and I parted with the girls and then went into the boys' room.

Upon entering, we could see four beds placed parallel to each other, of which two had already been claimed by Ishizaki and Totsuka. They were seen laying on top of it.

"Looks like they went straight to sleep after going in." Said Shibata while going to one of the beds.

"It seems so." I replied

I went and lay down on the remaining bed that was unclaimed.

"Shibata, I'm gonna take a little nap." I said while putting on a blanket.

A few hours later...

I had just woken up. The bed feels really comfortable for some reason, hmm... maybe it's because after spending almost a week sleeping on the ground covered only by a tiny layer of nylon.

Man... I want to sleep for the entire day.

I brushed aside my thoughts and went out of my bed. I looked around the room to see that everyone else is soundly asleep. I was feeling really thirsty so I went out to get some water.

I noticed that there were several packages of food laying on the ground. It wasn't there before, is it from the school?

I went to the kitchen to grab a glass and then headed to the commons room where a water dispenser was placed in the corner of the room. 

As I was about to finish drinking the glass of water, I saw someone coming out of the girls' room. It was Chiaki, she was limping.

"Chiaki, how's your ankle?"