Chapter 8.2: The Sports Festival - Part 1

I was staying near Nagumo's makeshift base. The first custom events were about to begin, there were five events scheduled to start at 9 AM, two of them for the first years. 

I looked over at my phone and saw that there were already more than 50 messages from the open chat, getting a new notification every 10 seconds was really annoying so I had muted the group. I skimmed through it and noticed that the 3rd and 2nd years cooperated really well.

(Red Team - Open Chat)

-nagumo: "Thank you for clarifying senpai, I think with that lineup, you would stand a good chance on the tug of war. event"

-nagumo: "But I'm not really confident about the 100m sprint, Horikita-Senpai is participating in it."

-akanesimp: "I was thinking the same... That's why we changed the participant at the last minute, it was all thanks to Asahina-Chan for noticing Horikita."

-nazunachan: "No worries, senpai. We're on the same team so it's only natural to help each other."

Nagumo: "Hatsuharu-Senpai, can you please change your username to make it easier for everyone to know who's who?"

-akanesimp: "Ah sorry my bad... I will change it after this. By the way, Asahina-Chan, have you found out who your opponent will be in the tennis match?"

akanesimp changed their username to hatsuharu.

-nazunachan: "I think it's someone named Kiryuuin, she's from class A if I'm not mistaken, I couldn't get that much information about her other than her athletic abilities grade is average."

-hatsuharu: "You're pretty good at tennis so you should easily beat her!"

-nazunachan: "I hope so, senpai."

-nagumo: "By the way, how are the first years faring?"

-ichinami: "We should be able to hold our own, Senpai. The 400m sprint won't be a problem since it's so close by to our base and the 50m swim only has one participant so logistics won't be that much of a hassle."

-nazunachan: "Can some first-years please help us second years to bring some stuff over to the outdoor pool? It's some diving gear for the underwater hide and seek."

-kanji_ikemen: "Leave it to me senpai!"

We had decided to send Onodera for the 50m race, she was the obvious choice for the event since she literally had the fastest time among the first-year girls.

As for the 400m sprint, Shibata and Hirata would be representing the boys, since it was a mixed event one girl would have to participate in it. The best candidate would be Horikita but we decided not to send her since she would need to conserve her energy for the Obstacle Course, which would begin at 10:15, about one hour from now. So, Ichinose would be the third participant for the 400m sprint.

"Hey... Can any of you guys please help me?" Said Ike, he was struggling to lift a bunch of oxygen tanks.

"Sorry Kanji, can't miss this rare opportunity." Replied Hondou, he was referring to Ichinose.

"What the hell, Rouyarou. If you come with me, we'll be able to see the Senpai in their swimsuit!" He didn't hesitate to tell his true intentions.

"No, I'm good... It's too much of a hassle."

"Ike, are you stupid? the senpais will play the match in their diving suit, next time please try using your brain before doing something." Said Beppu, one of the guys from class B.