Chapter 6.1: The Special Exam Results

This part contains a shitload of cursing.

A few minutes after Ryuuen had radioed Katsuragi.

Ryuuen's POV

"Inaudible voices."

I was barely conscious, something was touching my body. Damn, it feels somewhat painful, it's hitting me multiple times. What the fuck is happening to me? What's going on?

I was slowly regaining my consciousness. It turns out that the 'thing' that had ben hitting me was a leg, it was kicking several times.

"Oi, Ryuuen." A voice could be called calling my name.

My eyes were opening slowly, the sound of heavy rain could be heard. My body was really weak.

"Stop... kicking me... you... dumbass." I said.

The kicking stopped.

"We need to get back to the base." It was Ibuki.

"No, I won't be able to make it at this state. Just put me somewhere that has a roof. I'll meet you tomorrow at the compound." I ordered her.

She put me beside some big trees and left me some supplies.

She then left me behind.

Damn... I need to lay down for a while.

2:38 AM - Day 7

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, the person who fucked my plan up. I was supposed to get six beacons. But because of him, It looks like I have to be satisfied with five.

Earlier today, I had fought him.

I have been in some very nasty fights before. I had fought various types of people. But this person... He was very different from the other... He was a fucking monster. I didn't even know that someone could fight like that.

He sent my ass flying several meters with just a single punch.

Then he knocked me unconscious with another punch.

I didn't get many bruises because he didn't really hit me anywhere else on my body.

But damn... Those two punches really sting.

Even though he had beaten me to a pulp, I was not terrified of him.

He may have won against me in a brawl. But I still had the upper hands for he had failed to find my base.

You see, I bought several extra tents just for this occasion. Since I had extra beacons thanks to those idiots who freely gave them away, I could afford to set up several "decoy bases" in several places. To put it simply, it'd be difficult for someone to steal all of my beacons since I had them spread out in multiple places.

That chick back then had screamed out some random grid off the map. G3, was it? For all, I know that was the location of group 18 which I had decided not to steal their beacon because they apparently had allied themselves with several other groups. The person who united these groups was another chick named Ichinose or something.

But it turned out that he also had outsmarted me.