Chapter 7.1: Back to The Usual

Sry for crappy image quality

September

Summer break had just ended, and it was the beginning of the second semester. I did my daily workout, had breakfast, and took a shower. After that, I hopped on the elevator to start school.

After the elevator doors had opened several gazes greeted me. Some people were even staring at me from further down the lobby. The boys, in particular, were giving me nasty gazes. I didn't remember doing anything bad except for that one time when I was holding back my team during the volleyball match when we went to the beach together. I wonder if there's something wrong with me?

To be honest, I was feeling somewhat uncomfortable with the situation. Fortunately, my anxiety was cured when a cute figure appeared in front of me.

"Good morning, Kiyotaka." She said as she waved her hand.

"Good morning."

"Chiaki, do you know why these people are staring at me?" I continued.

"Huh? Don't ask me, figure it out yourself." She was pouting slightly.

Is she mad at me? I mean we hadn't talked to each other since we went to the summer festival.

"I'm sorry."

"Why did you just apologize to me?" 

"I think did something that makes you mad."

"Ehh!? No... It's not your fault." 

"The-"

She suddenly hugged my arm before I could finish.

"Those guys are just jealous because you finally got yourself such a cute girlfriend as me." The people that were staring at me suddenly had shocked expressions after witnessing Chiaki's action.

"We're gonna stay like this until we arrive in class." She continued.

I didn't remember Chiaki being this bold.

We walked to school with Chiaki holding my arm. On the way there, people were staring at us, it was just like announcing that we are dating the entire school, some even asked us directly.

We were now in the classroom. The entire class went into panic mode as soon as we entered. The commotion didn't last long though because Chabasira-sensei had entered the classroom.