Chapter 8.8: The Sports Festival - Part 7

"Kiyotaka?" Asked Chiaki. Perhaps she was troubled since I have gone for more than a moment.

"What is it?" I said to her as I faced her. I tried my best to avoid her gaze.

"Your face is beet red. Do you have a fever?" She asked meekly.

"I think so." Thank goodness I still had my monotonous tone.

But even I knew that wouldn't fool Chiaki. We have been dating long enough for her to notice my subtle difference in expression. And I bet she knew that I was feeling nervous. I wonder what kind of face I was making right now?

"I'm coming back inside, I think I'm gonna take a rest for a while." I said to her as I entered the infirmary.

"I see. Take care, Kiyotaka."

==[+]==

It's been a while since Chiaki had left me and I was laying on my bed. But ever since that incident, I couldn't help but keep my mind occupied by thoughts of her. And every time I do that, my heart started beating hard. I know for sure that I liked Chiaki but I never thought that my feelings for her were this... tremendous. As proof, I had done countless of irrational things just for her sake. Even my body started moving by itself when Albert tried to punch her.

Seriously... How ridiculous. Things weren't supposed to go like this.

Chiaki was supposed to be a medium for me to understand humans better. 

For a moment, I had thoughts of ending my relationship with Chiaki and cutting her off completely. The weight of being in a relationship, no... liking someone seemed too much for me to handle. If my feelings for her keep getting greater, I'm afraid that I might do even more reckless things.

But for now, I had more important matters to solve, Horikita had been accused of leaking the red team's information to her brother. Someone from our team had sent Horikita's conversation with her brother as proof.

I took out my phone and contacted my childhood friend.

-"Kiyotaka, how unexpected... how is your injury?" She asked casually, she wasn't even a little bit concerned.

-"It's no big deal, I just got some bruises here and there."

-"Fufu... As expected of you. By the way, what do you want to talk about on the phone?" It was a very rare occurrence since I only sent her messages every time I wanted to talk to her about trivial things.

-"I need you to take care of Kushida."

-"Kushida? What's up with her? And why do you ask me, out of all people?"

-"Stop playing dumb, Arisu." 

I knew she was informed by Ryuuen about Kushida being a traitor. Also, she would be the best person to take care of Kushida since she had some influence over her. I found out about this when she mentioned something about Kushida during our conversations and I for sure that she wasn't a bit close with her.

"Fufufu... come on Kiyotaka, I was just teasing you. It is true that I'm able to take care of Kushida. In fact, I could tell her to stop right now."