Chapter 9.2: Judgement Day

Today was the day of the trial regarding acts of sabotage and violence against the red team that happened during the festival.

We were inside a court-like room with a U-shaped table in the middle. I was sitting on one end of the table alongside Chiaki. On the opposite end sat Albert. On the corner of the room were seated several students, those are either the witnesses or people who just came to watch the trial.

"Very well, we shall now begin." The one who said it was none other than the Vice President of the student council, Nagumo Miyabi.

The one to lead the trial was supposed to be President, but due to concerns of Manabu siding with his little sister, Nagumo was the one chosen to take his stead. Of course, I was aware that Manabu was not that kind of person, and he would always uphold justice, even if that means going against his kinsman.

"We have quite a few agendas today. First of all, let's start with what happened to be an intentional act of violence against a student."

"At approximately 12:41 PM during the king of the hill match, Yamada Albert of the white team allegedly attempted to push Matshushita Chiaki from the red team from a flight of stairs."

Nagumo then glared his eyes at me, before shortly turning away.

"But Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, also from the red team, prevented Matsushita-San from falling down the stairs. As a result, he was injured and had to be taken to the infirmary." He continued.

"Now, do you have anything to say, Yamada-San?"

The tall guy stood silent for a few seconds, but someone from amongst the crowd raised their hand.

"But Nagumo-Senpai, he was just trying to hold the hill!" Said a class-C student.

"I know what happened to Ayanokouji was pretty bad, but accidents happen sometimes... So  I don't think Albert is in the wrong." He continued

"What the hell are you saying, it was as clear as day that he was trying to push her off!" Barked Sudou.

"Huh? You didn't even take place in the match, what is it again? Oh, you did some perverted things during the cavalry battle!" He said out loud to Sudou.

Several people started to talk amongst themselves.

"You fucking asshole! That is a complete lie!" Shouted Sudou

"Now, would the two of you please shut up for a second" Uttered Nagumo coldly

The room then grew silent for a moment, until Nagumo continued.

"Let me ask you once again, do you have anything to say, Yamada-San?"

Unlike last time, the crowd was silent.

And so does Yamada, he didn't even utter a word.

"I would assume that you admit to pushing Ayanokouji-San down."

Just like before, he was as still as a rock, not even attempting to fight back.

"It's decided then, the defendant had admitted and all of the evidence and reports seem to further confirm his action."

"Yamada Albert is guilty." 

Everyone was silent, it seems people from the red team were satisfied, Chiaki, who was sitting beside me, had a slight grin on her face.

On the other hand, Albert's friends had troubled expressions on their faces. They wanted to side with Albert, but they couldn't do anything, unfortunately.

"We will hold a short break before continuing to the next agenda." Said Tachibana.

Everyone was dismissed out of the room as the first session of the trial came to an end, and so was my role. The first session was surprisingly very short, and all I had to do was just sit there to watch everything unfold. It was also due to Albert that didn't do a single thing to defend himself. I assume it had something to do with Ryuuen.