[☀️] Part 1: The Taste of Freedom

This is a part of the Summer Break Arc

We had just finished our Final-Exam. The average score of the students went down considerably. This time, the first-years only managed to get a score of 68.2, down from 81.6 during the Mid-Exam.

This happened due to several factors. First of all, everyone was exhausted from the special exam so they didn't really have the motivation to study. Ichinose and the others actually made another study group. But the number of students that participated in it had significantly dwindled.

But the main reason is that this time, there are no questions from the upperclassmen to help the students. To put it more precisely, I had to reason to get the questions from the upperclassmen because Sudou's grade was safe from expulsion. He had actually managed to gain a respectable score of 60.4 in the finals. I didn't even know why I decided to help him back then during the Mid-Exams. As for my grades, I decided to score a little bit above the average as usual.

More importantly, since the Final-Exams had ended it was time for our first ever summer break in high school. Well, At least for those that didn't have to take supplementary lessons.

For me, this break would be the first time I would fully enjoy my freedom. I will no longer be bound by the limits of the school campus anymore. Theoretically, I could even travel around the world if I wanted to.

During the breaks, all students are free to leave the campus at any time. The vast majority of those that didn't live close by chose to stay in the dorms since they wouldn't have to pay rent.

The mansion that I stayed in during my 1 week transition period was located on the outskirts of Tokyo, about 40km (25mi) from the city. So, my father had decided to give me an apartment located in the heart of Tokyo.

I was currently in front of the apartment building's lobby. I was just carrying a single backpack with me because I didn't have a single 'personal' item for me.

The lobby felt very 'luxurious' to say the least. The ceilings stand for at least several meters tall and in front of the building's entrance, a desk could be seen where there are several receptionists. In a sense, it just felt like a more grand version of the dormitory's lobby in the school.

"Good Afternoon sir, how can I help you?"

Said one of the receptionists. She was smiling. She was in her uniform and had upper-back length brown hair and a pair of light-purple eyes.

 She was in her uniform and had upper-back length brown hair and a pair of light-purple eyes

"My name is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Here is my ID." I said as I give her my student ID.

"Please wait a moment." She grabbed my ID and searched through a computer placed on top of the desk.

"Mr. Ayanokouji... And your guardian is... 'Matsuo-San'?"

"Yes."

"Your room number will be on the fourth floor. And here is your room card." She said as she gives me a card.