Arc 3: Prologue

Summer break was coming to an end. During the last two months, I had made many new experiences. For the first time, I got the chance to fully do whatever I wanted. I strolled around the never-ending urban landscape of Tokyo, went to places that I'd never visited before, and met all kinds of new people. It was truly exhilarating, to say the least, and I was excited to experience and learn many more things in the coming time.

But perhaps the most important change that happened to me was that I finally got myself a girlfriend.

It was just a few days ago when I started dating Chiaki. Ever since the time that I confessed to her back in the shrine, I felt that the distance between us had gotten even closer than ever. We went from being close friends to lovers.

But it had got me thinking, I started dating her because Maya had told me that getting a girlfriend was one of the best ways to understand human emotions. Don't get me wrong, Chiaki was a very beautiful and sweet girl and I didn't mind spending time with her. But, when I had already learned everything I could from being with her, she would have already served her purpose.

And when she had already served her purpose, would Chiaki still mean something to me?