Chapter 7.4: Emerging Figures

It has been a few weeks since the sports festival was announced. Our class has been training hard since then. Horikita and Hirata have assigned us specialized training programs according to our abilities. Most of my training regimen consisted of strength and volleyball training.

My 'private' training with Chiaki has also been going smoothly, she had undergone a very significant improvement over the last couple of weeks. Her muscles have become adjusted to running for long distances and she could now finish a half-marathon without stopping, albeit at a very slow pace.

Our class, especially Horikita, has been getting anxious because of the people that seemed to be spying on our class, there were a couple of class A students but most of them were from class C. Fortunately for us, we have Kushida's incredible bod- persuasion skills to lure most the boys off.

(How do you strikethrough text?)

We also trusted Horikita and Hirata to make out the rules for the custom events. We unanimously agreed that only the two of them would know the details of the custom events, and would only be revealed to us after they had received approval.

Ah, speak of the devil.

-Hirata: "Everyone, we have just gotten the approval from the schools. Here is the list of our submitted events":

Basketball (3 Participants)

Soccer (10 Participants)

Tug of War (8 Participants)

Team Tag (15 Participants)

Deadlift (1 Participant)

I will send the details of the events later.

-Sudou: "Way to go, Hirata, I knew you'd put basketball in there!"

-Sudou: "I guess I'll be participating in most of these events, then."

-Karuizawa: "Then you'll just hoard most of the points!"

-Shinohara: "That's right!"

-Horikita: "Wait, Sudou-Kun. We can't be too reckless."

-Sudou: "Huh? But who else would be good enough to carry the team? Other than me, we only got Hirata and Ayanokouji, the rest is pretty much dead weight."

-Ike: "Don't get so full of yourself! Don't forget about Koenji!"

-Sudou: "That bastard pretty much doesn't exist, we haven't even seen him go train with us even once!"

-Horikita: "Ike-Kun, unfortunately, he is right. We don't plan to put Koenji in any of the events. But you do still have a point. Sudou-Kun, even though our class's athletic abilities might seem hopeless, we do still have Onodera-San other than the names you just listed before. I don't want to brag or anything but I'm also pretty confident in my own abilities."

-Kushida: "That's right, Sudou-Kun. Everyone is trying their hardest, so we need to at least give them a chance to participate!"

-Horikita: "For now, we will just continue our training as usual. We still don't know which events will be used in the sports festival, there's even a small chance that none of our events won't even be used."

-Hirata: "I agree with you, Horikita-San. I think it's best to wait until the announcement from the school first. That way, we can easily strategize with whichever class we'd end up teaming with."