twenty two

Aurora

iMessage 12:13AM

madboy: hey Aurora... I know you're probably mad at me for ignoring you yesterday and for not calljng like i said i was going to. i honeslt y cant tell you why i got so angry thaat you didn't tell me you officially moved. i guess i thought we had a special bond than normal and yiu would tell me more about you and yojr life, then again that's pretty hypocritical since you don't even know what i look like. i just want to aploogize for my behavior and i'm willing to facetime you today when you wake up amd have a conversation if you'll allow me to. i really like you Aurora i jus't dont wanna mess anything up. other than my roommates, you're the inly person who brings a smile to my face when i see your name pop up. i hope you can forgive me.

iMessage 8:22AM

aurora: dude are u drunk

-

"A drunk apology," I told Nataly and she scrunched her face in disgust. "So all of that happened, and he ended it off with a drunk, typo'd apology?" She asked once I finished updating her on the whole Malcum situation. I nodded my head as I handed her a mug of coffee and began adding creamer and sugar to my own.

"Well that's gross," She said with hesitation. I slid over the sugar and she thanked me while I put the creamer back in the fridge. "I mean if he was drunk, is that considered a sincere apology?" I asked.

"I wouldn't count it, but everyone is different. I can give you my opinion and any views I think Aurora. At the end of the day though, you need to think of your own feelings and how you really feel. I can't actually answer that question for you."

What if I wanna count it just so I can keep talking to Malcum? Or what if I don't? Would that end whatever this friendship is? Come on Aurora, you're an adult. Act like one.

"If you're conflicted, I recommend thinking about it for ten minutes. After those ten minutes, your first opinion about the situation is how you really feel," Nataly said as she finished up her coffee and placed the mug in the sink. "I've got class so I gotta go. Text me if you need anything." She shut the door behind her and I locked it before sitting on the couch and placing my mug on the coffee table.

Think about it for ten minutes huh. I like texting Malcum, but I have no idea what he looks like. He could be a fifty year old man for all I know. He said he's over twenty one, but there's a lot of numbers over twenty one. But would an old man listen to 5 Seconds of Summer? Everyone is different I guess. UGH why was this so difficult? Why couldn't I just bump into him at a cafe and see him sipping coffee alone, decide to approach him, fall in love and be together forever? Wanna know why? Because this isn't a fairy tale Aurora.

My thoughts were overbearing and clouding my gut judgement. I ran a hand through my hair and took a deep breath. I heard my phone go off from my room and I walked over to see who it was. My lock screen only had one notification and it was iMessage, from Malcum.

"Speak of the devil" I said to myself and swiped my phone to unlock it.

iMessage 9:52AM

madboy: Yes... I'm really sorry I shouldn't have sent that when I was drunk but all I could think about was you. I don't know why you have such a grip on me, it's driving me insane. Not in a bad way, but in a way where I want to protect you against anything bad, to cherish you like a priceless artwork painting, to care for you like an elderly man cares for his wife. I'm wrapped around your finger Aurora, and i don't care. I'll be whatever you need me to be. Please forgive me.