twenty five

Calum

Today's the day. After one long and excruciating week of waiting around, it was time to get on a plane and see my princess. I said bye to the guys and Crystal, who were all looking at different centerpiece options for the wedding. Michael was deeply interested while Luke and Ashton were pleading for help with their eyes.

I love Crystal and how happy she made my best friend, but I was very glad I wasn't getting dragged into that.

I went through the TSA pretty quickly since the airport wasn't very crowded today and sat by my gate. I had thirty minutes until departure and wanted to give Aurora a heads up that I was coming even though I highly doubt she'd see it.

iMessage 4:39pm

calum: hey aurora i'm taking a flight to Pittsburgh to see you..
Not Delivered
calum: i just wish you'd unblock me so i can explain
Not Delivered
calum: in person is probably best tho
Not Delivered

I slid my phone into my pocket and just watched everyone around me, not in a creepy way or anything. It was so astounding that all of these people were grouped in the same building yet they all had their own life and problems. I enjoyed people watching simply because you could make up anything about that person solely based on their appearance and body language.

I wonder if Aurora liked people watching, that'd be a funny activity for us to do. If she could even stand me after all of this.

I was slowly getting bored and decided to play candy crush to pass the time. I always ran out of hearts but I refused to buy any more. Eventually, the ticket agent called for my flight and I grabbed my carry-on bag and stood in the line that was formed.

I handed the employee my boarding pass and she scanned it swiftly and handed it back to me. I found my seat quickly since it was towards the front of economy and I luckily got a window seat.

Once everyone was seated, the flight attendants came onto the overhead system and did the standard speech and demonstration and we were ready for take off.

-

"Sir? Sir, we've landed," I felt someone tapping my arm and I slowly opened my eyes and there was a flight attendant leaning over the seat next to me, attempting to wake me up. I shot up out of my seat and everyone had already departed the aircraft. "My bad," I apologized and quickly grabbed my luggage and exited the cabin in embarrassment. I didn't even remember falling asleep and now I was cranky since I was woken up.

I ordered an uber to get to the hotel I booked for an overnight stay and from there I'd head to Aurora's apartment. Check-in was a breeze and I was getting more and more anxious with every minute.

I ordered another uber and typed in the address to the complex. It was currently almost seven o'clock and the sun was starting to set. I thanked the driver as I stepped out and I was now facing the lobby doors.

You got yourself into this by lying about who you were, time to fix it now. Here goes nothing.

I was greeted by the security guard, the same one who gave us a hard time that night, but it didn't seem like he remembered me. I took the elevator up to her floor. It was a slight ding sound and opened up moments later. I walked down the corridor and took a right towards the end of the hallway and I felt like I was sweating. I took a deep breath and gave three sturdy knocks on the beige colored door.

I could hear a faint "coming" from the other side along with some shuffling around. The door swung open and there was a young woman standing in a robe and some heels. Her hair was wild and static like and she seemed out of breath. I think I understood what was happening prior to her opening the door.