Chapter 7

Flashback- 2 years ago

"Jeon Jk!!" shouted Namjoon as soon as he entered Jungkook's room. "Why aren't you dressed up yet?

Jungkook removed the ear buds from his ears and looked at his hyung with an annoyed pout. 

"I don't wanna go hyung." he whined. "Business parties are so boring."

Namjoon stormed towards the bed and suddenly pulled his 15 year old brother's ear to make him stand up.

"Ouch, Ouch...." yelped Jungkook trying to leap out of his hold.

"You are what? A five years old?" He scolded angrily. "I'll give you ten minutes. You should be downstairs by then, got it?"

Jungkook nodded helplessly so Namjoon let go of his reddened ear. Then he adjusted his expensive black coat and walked out, leaving his brother alone with a maid.

Jungkook and Namjoon were sitting in the back seat of the huge defender, while keeping their silence. None of them talked because of the fight they had, back in the Jeon mansion.

When the vehicle got closer to the destination, which was one of the huge hotels owned by Jeon Enterprises, Namjoon spoke up.

"Try to behave at the party, okay?" Namjoon said, not even glancing at the younger. "You know it's the forth anniversary of our company which means it's a very important occasion for both of us. There will also be a couple of our future investors so..."

"No problem hyung" replied Jungkook shortly while scrolling on his phone. "I'll keep a low profile as always."

"Good boy!" said Namjoon with a small smile. "You know I built all of these for you, right?"

"Yeah, I know."

Finally, they reached the hotel and when the driver parked the car at the entrance, a bodyguard quickly rushed over to the vehicle to open the door for them.

Thousands of lights flashed around them, as the two brothers stepped out of the car. Jungkook was totally uncomfortable of the situation because he rarely came in front of the media as the famous company owner's brother. So the little boy tried to hide behind his hyung but was immediately dragged back to the front by the latter.

"Act like a boy." whispered Namjoon through gritted teeth and immediately plastered a fake smile on his face, when the journalists surrounded them. 

"Is this your brother Mr.Jeon?"

"How old is your brother? Is he the next heir of the Jeon companies?"

"Why do you seem to hide him from the society?"

"How do you feel on this successful day, Mr.Jeon?"

Namjoon listened to their endless questions with a smiley face while the bodyguards around him had a hard time to keep a space between them.

"Well, first of all...starting from the most wanted question...Yes, this is my brother, Jeon Jungkook. He's 15 and no, I'm not hiding him. It's just, I wanted him to have a normal life as other teenagers in his age so didn't let his information to go on newspapers. But as he's almost an adult now, I decided to reveal the heir of Jeon Enterprises today."

"Can we have a word with him too, Mr.Jeon?" a journalist asked suddenly and the others nodded enthusiasticaly.

Well, yeah sure..." said Namjoon, pushing the shy boy forward a little. Then he whispered to the latter again, "Be careful of what you say."