Chapter 34

(⚠️⚠️-Long chapter ahead!)

Jungkook lost count of the time span he walked along the road. Even though Taehyung's half carrying him, the younger didn't feel like going forward anymore. Because the pain inside him grew furtherer, on each step he takes away from the cottage.

He wanted to know how far they've already gone and see if it's too late to run back into Jin's arms. 

Taehyung noticed this moodiness of the other and halted his steps to face him.

"Are you alright?"

Jungkook kept his eyes down and sighed. "I-I don't know. I feel so...exhausted of e-everything."

Taehyung bit his bottom lip and shifted the heavy bag to the other shoulder. Then he wrapped his hand back around Jungkook's waist, putting his weight on him and started to walk again without a word. 

Meanwhile Jin was getting closer to their bungalow. He was nervous yet excited for the big night. 

As soon as he reached the cottage, he parked the car on the snowed lawn and hopped his way towards the door. 

He fiddled through his pockets for keys and once found, installed it to the key hole and turned it only to find the door unlocked. 

"What the-?" Jin pushed the door open, trying to remember if he forgot to lock it behind, when he left earlier. 

"Sweetie, I'm home." he called out keeping the grocery bags on the nearby couch. 

Hearing no answer by Jungkook, the older guessed he was taking a nap so went to peek inside the bedroom.

But there wasn't anyone in the room.

"Sweetie? Are you in there?" Jin asked, knocking on the attached bathroom but it was also empty.

"Sweetie?"

Now Jin started to panic a little. Jungkook was never the one to play such silly jokes and he knew it well.

"Sweetie? Kookie??" he shouted as he frantically searched the rooms one by one. Seeing there's nobody in the house, he returned back to the living room while breathing hard. Then suddenly he remembered about the unlocked door which made his forehead cover with beads of sweat.

"Kookie, where are you?" Jin yelled and was about to go out out when he spotted the note paper which was pasted on his laptop. He quickly ripped it off and read through the words.

Dear hyungie,

I found a place to live. So I'm leaving. I'm sorry. Please don't try to come after me, I'm safe and fine. Thank you so much for the care you gave me for the last few months. Wish you all the luck!

Kookie.

Out of massive frustration, Jin crumpled the letter and threw it to a corner, letting out a loud growl. 

"JUNGKOOK, HOW DARE YOU?" he shrieked and pulled his hair harshly. It felt like his whole world's falling down in pieces, slowly.

"I'll never let you go like this Jungkook, I'm gonna find you..." he said through gritted teeth and made his way outside the house.