Chapter 25

After dropping Jungkook at home, Jin drove over to Kim's mansion to meet his parents. 

"Mama?" Jin said in a board voice as he entered the huge living room. "I need to go back to work so you'll have to finish whatever it is, soon."

"Thank god you came on time." Mrs.Kim said nudging the butler to close the door, seemingly not caring about his son's request.  "Your Papa's in a really big hurry."

"Mama, you already did as I told right?" Jin whispered as they started to climb the staircase. "Papa's now okay with the breaking up, right?"

Jin's mother sighed. "I don't know, h-he wanted to talk this with you."

Jin sensed something in her words, something bad. It felt like she was trying to hide it from him.

They reached the second floor and walked over to Mr.Kim's home office. 

"Please try to understand him, okay?" the woman mumbled in a disturbed tone before opening the door.

"Good morning Papa!" Jin called out in his usual cheerful voice.

Mr.Kim frowned at him and pointed at the chair in front of his desk. "I'm glad that you still remember the formalities. Unless should we've reminded you earlier?"

"Papa, please don't pick up on me now." Jin sat on the chair. "I'm really exhausted of everything."

"This is a shame for us Jin." Mr.Kim talked with a ceased forehead as he adjusted his glasses which were slipping down his nose. "But you're the victim in this, so I don't feel like scolding you."

Jin shrugged his shoulders. "Victim is a strong word to describe the situation."

"Don't be cheeky Jin. Namjoon did a wrong thing." Mr.Kim opened his desk locker and pulled out a large fat envelop. "And we're gonna make it right. Open it!"

The man slid the cover across the table towards Jin. He looked at it with doubtful eyes before opening it slowly.

Then he pulled out a couple of photos from inside and frowned at his dad. 

"What does this suppose to mean?" He asked lifting the cards in a firm manner. 

"Marriage proposals." Mr.Kim explained with a serious look on his face. "Look, Namjoon's not a great person after all, I just recognized it. He went and pulled some shit in front of the media but wasn't brave enough to spill the reason for it. He didn't say anything about his shameful past lover. So practically, he's a coward. He doesn't deserve someone prideful like you. So..for the past few weeks, I've been seeking for a good partner for you. Those are the details of them, you can choose one you may like and... do not fear. 'Cause all of them are from good family backgrounds."

Jin listened to him with troublesome eyes and as soon as his dad finished the speech, he dropped the photos onto the surface with force. 

"I can't do this Papa," he retorted in disgrace. "I don't wanna marry some...random guy."

"Don't you remember?" His dad said, gesturing at Mrs. Kim beside him with eyes. "Your Mama and I also had an arranged marriage. But we loved each other."

"Yeah but...Just give me more time to think this through Papa. Maybe I'll find the best for me soon."

"I don't think you'll find better ones than these guys. There's also a minister's son. You must look through those and pick one."

"Papa, I told you. I need more time. You can't force me for an important decision like this. It's me who's gonna marry, not you?"

"He's right Yeobo." Mrs.Kim interrupted. "Let him choose his partner."