Epilogue Pt.1

Moodboard by:- @purpletulips04     

Four Years Later

Warm sunrays poured through the blinds and hit the sleeping boy's face, making him squirm under the sheets and turn to the other side. But his peaceful Saturday slumber was bothered again by the sudden shrill ringing of his phone. 

Groaning to himself, he picked up the phone from the night stand and swiped the call icon.

"H-Hello?" the boy croaked out, voice hoarse from the deep sleep. 

"Happy Anniversary Jungkookie!!" 

The sleepy boy's eyes widened in shock and he pushed away the sheets before hurrying his way over to the calendar. 

"Oh Nooo!!!" Jungkook whined loudly as he touched his forehead in guilt. "Hyungie's gonna be so mad at me!!"

"You mean, you forgot your own anniversary?" Ken asked, a hint of laughter in his voice. 

"Yes hyung, Oh what a monster am I? A-And it's almost 8 o' clock?" Jungkook could feel tears in his eyes now. After all these years, how the hell could he forget the most important day of their life?

"Shh..Don't panic Jungkookie. You still got plenty of time to arrange something, okay?"

Jungkook nodded to the phone, sniffing and waited for Ken to speak again. 

" Good thing it's a Saturday. Ailso could come over there to help you and..."

"No hyung, that's not happening." Jungkook said sternly. "She's already five months pregnant!?"

Jungkook heard Ken chuckling from the other side. "Trust me, she'd been mourning for days 'cause she got less work at the hospital due to the pregnancy so she'll be more than happy to help you with making a nice dinner. It's no harm for the baby."

"O-Okay, if you say so hyung." Jungkook smiled, being grateful towards such good friends. Ever since Ken and the doctor who was in charge of Seok-hyun's birth back then become lovers, they'd been great companions. Ken had fallen in love with the Scottish lady at the very first sight but was being shy to confess. However, after a whole year, they'd met again at a conference and become friends and married after another year. 

"Okay, now here's the plan." Ken started. "You're gonna pick Jin's favorite dinner meal and prepare that before noon. Then... we have to buy a gift which should be-"

"W-Well, I kinda already arranged the g-gift." Jungkook said, blushing a little. "I was actually planning to give it to him on our anniversary b-but now that I've forget it-"

"No, we're gonna do this, okay? And- well, what about Seok-hyun? Guess you won't be able to keep him closer tonight, right?"

Jungkook blushed at the words but mumbled, "I'll ask my hyung to look after him today. Either way, Seokkie would be happy to go there and play with Ji-Eun.."