Chapter 21

Jin didn't wait for Ken, so he texted him that he's leaving. He get his car from the parking lot and drove back to the apartment with thousands of thoughts swirling across his already messy mind.

As Jin entered the passcode and stepped inside the condo, he heard the faint sound of the TV in the living room. Jin removed his shoes and kept them neatly on the shoe rack before turning around the corner to see the little boy looking at him with an eager face, on the couch.

"Hyungie, you're home!!" he exclaimed with the cutest voice. "How's your day?"

Jin removed his coat and threw it onto the coat hanger with a devastated face. 

"I'll take a shower first Kookie." he replied with a tired smile. "Then we'll talk about how your day was, hmm?"

Jungkook was a little worried to see the slight dark circles around the others eyes but nodded anyways. He should be strong for his hyung.

After changing into his pyjamas, Jin stepped out of the bedroom and walked over to where Jungkook was still sitting. He plopped onto the sofa horizontally and shifted his head onto the younger's lap. 

Jungkook turned the Tv off and switched his gaze to his Jinnie hyung's closed eyes. After a little hesitation, he pulled out his hand and ran the fingers through Jin's soft brown hair. The elder sighed in satisfaction as he leaned to the other's touch.

"Did something happen hyungie?" Jungkook asked studying the other's face closely. 

"Nothing Kookie." Jin replied opening his eyelids lazily. "I'm just tired. But how are you? Was it any fun today?"

Jungkook giggled. "Yeah, I watched Oggy and Cockroaches and then... I did studied Geology for sometime and...."

Jin sat upright hearing the last part. Jungkook stopped talking and stared at the other as of to ask why.

"Y-You studied?" Jin barely mouthed the question. 

"Yeah?" Jungkook answered casually. "I know I can't go back to school but.. I can't stop studying, can I? I wanna be a doctor just like hyungie."

Jin felt his eyes getting blurry so he immediately pulled the latter for a hug. 

"I know sweetie, I know." Jin mumbled against Jungkook's shoulder. The younger was caught by surprise but didn't question.

They stayed like that for sometime, until Jin pulled back to look at his face.

"Don't worry about it Kookie, hyung will pay for the tutors. You can continue your studies once we move to our new house."

"You bought a house this soon, hyungie?" Jungkook asked, his doe eyes wide in surprise.

Jin chuckled as he nodded his head. "Yep and you're gonna love it."

"Really? But didn't we had a deal about showing me the place first, before buying it?" Jungkook cocked his eyebrow in a mischievous way.

"Okay okay, I remember the deal but," Jin went on with a grin, "It's not that pricy, I swear. Even they sold their furniture at a low cost."

"Oh that's great hyungie!" Jungkook clapped his hands, clearly excited of the news.

Jin noticed that Jungkook had changed the way he address him from 'hyung' to 'hyungie' and felt a merry feeling blooming inside his heart. The word brought more love to the meaning of it, that's what Jin considered.

Jin went on talking with Jungkook about the moving for a little while until the sound of the door beeping open was heard. 

"Hello boys!" Ken greeted in his usual cheery tone as he entered the living area. "Still with empty stomachs, right? Please don't say we're going to have pizza 'cause I'm sick of them."