Chapter 39

"U-Uncle Kim!" Jungkook tried to get up out of respect but the old man held his palm, still keeping his unwavering gaze on him. 

"J-Jungkook, is that, r-really you?" He stuttered, coming closer to where the pregnant boy and his wife stood. "What have he d-done to you?"

Jungkook sensed the sympathetic tone in his voice and he was surprised to find out he himself wasn't surprised by that at all. 

Maybe it's because he knew Kim's family always had a soft spot for him. 

Jungkook came out of his thoughts as he felt Mr.Kims hands on his shoulder. He looked down, not being able to share eye contact.

"I cannot just believe my so called son did such a terrible thing to this kid." Mr.Kim's voice was filled with sudden anger which made Jungkook look up in confuse.

"Yeobo, please stop..You don't get this..." Mrs.Kim whined in annoyance but she only got a scowl in return.

"Papa I-" Jin tried to say something but his father cut him off by yelling at him.

"How dare you did this to him Seokjin? Isn't he suppose to be at school right now instead of carrying an irresponsible fool's child inside him?"

"I'm sorry P-Papa but I love h-him." Jin spoke with so much hurt in his eyes. "I never eloped my responsibility of taking care of him."

"So?" Mr.Kim snapped. "You think that's enough? Shame on you Seokjin, I am disap...."

"U-Uncle K-Kim..." The man stopped his scolding and look at Jungkook to see the tears in his eyes. "P-Please stop b-blaming h-hyungie..."

Jungkook felt so bad for Jin. Like so bad. The kind man had done nothing but sacrificing himself on the younger starting from the day they got to know that he was pregnant. He was protecting another man's child without any expectations or intentions and that was enough for Jungkook to worship Jin day and night. 

But here Jin was, accepting insults from his own family for something he never did. It made Jungkook's heart clench with guilt and worry. He was the cause for all of these. He should've probably died on streets rather than making his loved ones suffer. 

"But why?" Mr.Kim wanted to know. 

Jungkook sniffed and looked at Jin with a weak smile. Then he extended his arm as if to say hold it. Jin who understood it, immediately walked over to him held his precious baby's hand.

"Because I love him too.." Jungkook said leaning over to Jin's tall frame. "I-I don't mind being pregnant for him."

Mr.Kim looked at them with wide eyes and then sighed after a while. 

"I don't get it, what exactly is happening here? Jin told me that he got drunken one night and then..... E-Even after knowing that, how could you love this person, Jungkook?"

"I don't know uncle Kim." Jungkook said. "It's just love..."

"Still, you deserved someone better, kid." The man said shaking his head. "But if you're comfortable with Jin, then I won't come between you two."

Jin looked at his dad with prideful eyes for the first time in his life. But he knew nobody could say 'no' to Jungkook, except his own brother.

"Thanks papa," Jin mumbled in a low voice. "I promise, I'll never let you down."

"Yeobo, you did the right thing.." Mrs.Kim joined in, as she gave her husband a sweet smile. "Let's give our blessings for the cutest couple ever."

"Yeah," Mr.Kim agreed checking time on his wrist watch. "Let's get going then, I'm late for work."