Chapter 26

Days flew by and finally, reached a special one.

Jungkook's birthday!

It had already gone four months after the pregnancy which made Jungkook's belly grow a little more.

In the morning of his birthday, the little boy got up later than other days. After doing the usual morning routines, he walked over to the kitchen lazily, expecting to make some breakfast for him.

But his mouth gaped open in surprise as soon as he spotted the person there, who seemed to be busy mixing a brown batter.

"Hyungie?" Jungkook spoke, walking towards the elder. "It's still Thursday?"

Jin looked at him with smiley eyes. "So? You expect me to leave you alone on your birthday?"

Jungkook's face flushed pink as he gave a cute pout. "B-But you didn't have to do that."

Jin kept the bowl of batter aside and removed the large gloves. Then he came over to Jungkook and pulled him into an unexpected hug.

"Happy Birthday Sweetheart!" he cooed running his fingers through the other's hair locks. 

"Th-Thank you hyungie" Jungkook mumbled with rosy cheeks. 

Jin pulled back and stared into the other's face, then belly.

"How's the baby doing?" he asked placing a hand softly on the younger's bump.

"He's fine." Jungkook giggled and peeked behind the other with curious eyes. "What are you making hyungie?"

Jin turned his head and chuckled. "Ah, yeah. You wanna see?"

Jungkook nodded and stepped over to the counter with Jin. 

"I'm making chocolate cookies and this is the batter." Jin pointed at the bowl of gooey mixture. "And then, I'm gonna make some marshmallows, sweet pastries, mini donuts, salsa sandwiches and banana milkshake. How does that sound, hah?"

Jin sounded so excited that Jungkook couldn't oppose the idea though he badly wanted to. He couldn't say no to those eyes which held stars in them.

"Hyu-" he was about to say something but Jin started again.

"Still, that's not it. There's also a surprise cake and a present for you!" Jin chirped as if he himself was the birthday boy. "You're gonna love the gift though."

Jungkook couldn't help but let the tears run out of his eyes. How could someone be so caring for this pathetic self? Does he even deserves it?

Jin looked surprised seeing the younger's suddenly changed mood. He quickly held those wet cheeks and bend down, closer to his face.

"Sweetie, w-why are crying?" he wanted to know. "Are you okay?"

Jungkook shook his head and sniffed. Then he hid his face in Jin's chest and smiled through tears.

"I-I'm just happy." 

Jin's worried face turned back into a satisfied one as soon as he heard it. He ruffled the young boy's hair with so much love.

"I'm sorry I couldn't take you out somewhere today but I promise, I would make it up to you somehow. Okay sweetie?"

Jungkook nodded wrapping his hands around Jin's torso. 

He remembered his previous birthdays. There weren't anything special about them. There weren't any memories in them. Every year, on Jungkook's birthday, Namjoon held a big party at a grand hotel but the thing was there weren't any people who would want to share the joy with him. 'Cause they were all Namjoon's business partners.