Chapter 40

Time skipped:-

"You're gonna go back, right hyungie?" Jungkook tried his best not to sound sad but failed as Jin's brows tightened a little with worry as he unbuckled the seatbelt of the latter. So he added, "I'm fine, don't worry."

Jin lifted his body up carefully and made his nine months pregnant boyfriend stand on his feet. Wrapping a hand around his waist from back, he led themselves towards the house. 

"Hyungie will try to come back early." Jin spoke while wiping his sweaty forehead off with the palm. After opening the door, he faced the younger to kiss his nose and lips. 

"The results for the tests we did today would turn out okay, right hyungie?" Jungkook questioned, caressing Jin's arm softly. "Seokkie's fine, no?"

"Yes sweetie, he's all healthy." Jin held his hand and walked him to the couch. Jungkook sat there and Jin pecked his lips once again before bidding goodbye. 

............................

Jin took a deep breath before entering the hospital building. He didn't smiled at the girl in reception area as usual nor his fellow colleagues. Instead, he wore an unreadable expression on his face all the way towards his cabin. 

He secretly glanced around him twice before entering it and closed the door. Then he went over to his work desk and pulled out a small blood tube from the locker. 

Jin slipped it into his lab coat before wearing it and made his way out of the cabin. He walked through corridors and travelled three more floors up to reach the destination on his mind, the 'Genetic Laboratory'. 

He closed his eyes tightly and opened them back before entering the room where he saw a several lab assistants working by machines. He went over to a young boy, who was sitting at a far end and tapped his shoulder. 

"Oh, Doctor Seokjin!" the boy quickly stood up and bowed. "Can I help you, sir?"

"Yes Eion, I need you to run an NIPP test, right now." Jin said in a low voice as he pulled out the blood sample. 

"It'll take at least three days to receive the result Dr.Seokjin, is it okay?" Eion asked and Jin pinched his nose bridge impatiently. 

"Okay," he agreed with annoyance. "Promise you'll keep this as a secret, Eion?" 

The boy looked confused for a moment. "But you always brings..."

"...This one should remain as secret, understood?" Jin barged in and Eion nodded right away. "I'll pay you extra if you do this right."

"No need sir, I'm more than happy to help you." Eion smiled as he took the blood sample in his hand. "So where's the other tube?"

Jin bent down a little and whispered, "Me"

Eion's eyes went wide as golf balls as he stared back at the tall doctor. 

"B-but? A-Aren't you..?"

"Yes, I'm not married but that's none of your business. Just do what I ordered Eion, please.."

"Consider it's done, Dr.Seokjin."

(*NIPP- Noninvasive Prenatal DNA Testing)

..........................

Jin knew it was wrong.