Chapter 33

"T-Taehyung?"

Jungkook barely mouthed the word.

"Kookie..." The elder's voice shook as the name slipped out through his lips. 

Jungkook came back to his senses from the word and quickly straightened up, backing away from the other as far as he could go. 

"Kookie?" Taehyung tried to touch the younger's face but his hand got a harsh slap which was somehow expected by him. He saw that coming from a mile away.

"W-Why are you even h-here?" Jungkook's voice cracked as he spoke, while hot tears stream down his lovely cheeks. 

"Kookie, let me explain....please!!" Taehyung begged with so much hurt visible in his eyes. He took one step forward into the house but the other hold out his palm in a firm way.

"No, I don't wanna hear a single word from you." he retorted. "So get lost already."

"Please Kookie, let me talk with you for just 5 minutes. It's been so long since I saw you last time."

"Oh yeah? Then why did you leave? Why in the world did you wanna see my face again, huh? To make fun of me? Or-Or to enjoy seeing me in misery and satisfy your own pathetic self? Or are you here to destroy me once again?"

"I-I swear Kookie, I never wanted to hurt you. I loved you so much and still do. Just..Just give me a chance to explain everything, then if you want me to, I'll leave forever. I'd never come back, I promise. But please, for this one last time Kookie, let me talk. I honestly regret everything I did to you."

Jungkook seemed to be stuck between the thought of whether he should invite him inside or not. After some considering, he stepped aside.

"Come in" he called in a small voice. "B-But you have to get outta here, as soon as you're done with whatever lies you have in store to spit. Hyungie won't be pleased to see you here."

Taehyung nodded sadly and stepped inside the warm cozy cottage. He removed his thick coat and pulled it onto his lap after seating himself on the couch.

Jungkook didn't bother making coffee for him so he sat beside him, keeping a good space between them.

"Um..You must be wondering how I found you, right?" Taehyung asked softly, while eyeing the younger's large belly. 

Jungkook didn't reply for the question as he kept fearing the thought of his hyungie arriving earlier. He wasn't sure about how the reaction of Jin would be, once he met with his ex-lover.

"Actually I live here, in Suncheon. We moved a f-few months ago."

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders to show that he didn't care much.

"Two days ago, I saw Jin hyung jogging along a road nearby. At first I thought I was mistaken but when I got more closer, I saw that definitely was him. A-And I secretly followed him back here, expecting to see y-you."

"And I don't wanna see you, okay?" Jungkook replied rudely but was careful enough not to make eye contact. He heard Taehyung sighing.

"I know, what I did was so damn wrong. It's unforgivable. B-But I had no other choice Kookie. I had no other choice than leaving you."

"I don't care if you realize it's wrong or not, not anymore. So keep the useless apologies to yourself, I'm not interested in listening to them."

"You knew I could've never taken the responsibility of a pregnant person, right? I was poor, I barely had three meals a day. My parents also needed extra care and medicine so I couldn't even think of buying pricy stuff you'll need in the process of giving birth to a child."