Chapter 28

"I think this is not necessary." Jungkook retorted, rubbing his belly. "I already told you, I can feel my baby's a boy."

Jin chuckled as he pressed the horn to clear the road ahead of them. "But sweetie, it won't harm to do a little check, no?"

Jungkook sighed as he averted his gaze through the wind screen. "Checkups costs money hyungie."

Jin shook his head and kept his hand on Jungkook's in a comforting way. "You can think of it like this; The baby's mine too so I have the rights to pay for anything related to him."

Jin stopped himself as he rewound and tried to guess whether what he just said was appropriate, in his mind. 

"I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to scare you." Jin replied after a while, avoiding Jungkook's blushing face.

"I-It's alright hyungie." the younger spoke fiddling with the hem of his shirt. "You're the baby's uncle after all."

"Really?" Jin immediately turned his eyes to Jungkook with enthusiasm. "You really think so?"

"Yeah, why not?" Jungkook smiled and rubbed his belly once again. "My baby would love to have such a nice uncle."

"I feel honored sweetheart, seriously." Jin grinned to himself as he shook his head. 

'And I would be glad if I could be someone more crucial for him. Like his Dad.' Jin didn't voiced that though.

.....................................

"Congratulations!" Dr.Shownu announced as he placed the note pad on the nearby desk. "You're blessed with a baby boy."

Jungkook's eyes wetted with tears of happiness as he screamed in joy. "Oh thank you my lord! I'm so happy."

Meanwhile Jin, who was expecting whatever result, jumped forward and hugged the younger with so much love. He couldn't control his tears too.

"Sweetie!" he breathed smiling through the tears. "I'm so happy for you!"

Jungkook took hold of Jin's hand and placed it on his stomach. "Happy for us hyungie, be happy for us."

A new set of tears escaped Jin's eyes as he nodded his head aggressively. 

"Thank you my sweetie" he said and gave a small kiss on Jungkook's wet cheek. 

"So, only five more months to go, right?" Jin questioned for the eighth time with glistering eyes as he went on with caressing Jungkook's stomach. 

After arriving home from the hospital Jin never let Jungkook move out of his eye sight even for a minute. He warned him that he shouldn't do anything heavy in case they would be dangerous for the baby. However, Jungkook loved the way he cared about him, though the constant advising was a total headache.

Jin was just overwhelmed by the news. He wanted both the baby and Papa to be safe. 

"I already told you hyungie..." Jungkook whined as he shoved some popcorn into his mouth. "Yes, he'll be here in five months. Can we watch the movie now, please?"

Jin nodded like a kid and placed his ear, lightly on Jungkook's stomach. 

"Ouch!" Jungkook shouted, making Jin dash away in horror.